The monthly roundup of openings and closings across the metro.
▪ Alma Mader Brewing, 2635 Southwest Boulevard. No opening date was available.
▪ Andy’s Frozen Custard plans to open in the redeveloped Metcalf South, now known as 95Metcalf South, at 95th Street and Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, and at 10641 State Line Road. Weather permitting, construction will start by the end of the year for March or April 2019 openings. The company said two or three more area locations could open in 2019.
▪ Bar + Rec, 1729 Grand Blvd. Opening spring 2019.
▪ Baramee Thai Bistro, 1810 Baltimore Ave. No opening date was available.
▪ The Bardot, a luxury event space, 1612 Grand Blvd. Early 2019.
▪ Black Stag Brewery, 623 Massachusetts St., Lawrence. December opening.
▪ Boathouse Grill, Worlds of Fun, 4545 Worlds of Fun Ave. Spring 2019.
▪ The Burg & Barrel, 5408 W. 151st St., Leawood. Oct. 19 opening.
▪ Caleb’s, breakfast and lunch, Red Bridge Shopping Center, Red Bridge and Holmes. November opening.
▪ The Campground Bar & Grill, West Bottoms, 1531 Genessee St. No opening date was available.
▪ Chuy’s, 6700 W. 135th St., Overland Park. Oct. 9 opening.
▪ City Barrel Brewing Co., 1728 Holmes Road. Late 2018 opening. (Previously planned to open at 1916 Grand Blvd.)
▪ Coach’s hopes to open at 9201 Wornall Road. It is still going through planning.
▪ Crossroads Hotel, 2101 Central St. Will have three eateries: Lazia (scheduled to open on Oct. 18), Percheron (spring 2019 opening) and XR (already open).
▪ Culver’s, a franchisee plans to open at the southwest corner of 87th Street Parkway and Loiret Boulevard, Lenexa. Early 2019 opening.
▪ Dunkin’ donuts. A new franchisee has signed an agreement to open three locations and is currently looking in Sedalia and Warrensburg for 2019 openings, but also is looking at sites in Kansas City.
▪ Eat Drink on 44 and Coffee on 44, 915 to 991 W. 44th St. Late fall openings.
▪ Evolve Juicery & Kitchen, The Vue, 7201 W. 80th St., Overland Park. Hopes to open by the end of the year.
▪ Farina by Michael Smith, 1901 Baltimore Ave. Late 2018 opening.
▪ Fields & Ivy Brewery, 706 E. 23rd St., Lawrence. March 2019.
▪ First Watch, 1077 S.W. Missouri 7, Blue Springs. By the end of the year.
▪ Flow House, Interstate 35 and Armour Road. Summer 2019 opening.
▪ Fox and Pearl, 2143 Summit St., by the owners of Hank Charcuterie in Lawrence. Spring 2019. (Temporarily at 815 W. 17th St. for five months or so).
▪ Freezing Rolls, BluHawk in Overland Park and Legends Outlets. By the end of the year.
▪ Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, 13505 S. Mur-Len Road, Suite 101, Olathe. Nov. 8 opening
▪ Grad School, 1744 Broadway. The owner also has a Grad School restaurant in Springfield. Plans to open by the end of the year.
▪ Hawaiian Bros Island Grill, 12120 College Blvd., Overland Park. Early 2019.
▪ Hotel Karaoke, Power & Light District, 13th and Grand. Grand opening in early 2019.
▪ Hy-Vee Arena, 1800 Genessee St., will include All American Diner, Cool Beans vegan, Oh! Cafe, Longboards and The Smoothie Shop. The food operations are scheduled to open by the end of the month. KC Hopps will do the bar and catering for the arena.
▪ I am, a frozen dessert bar, 14357 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park. By the owners of the nearby Pad Thai. No opening date was available.
▪ IHOP, 5870 Antioch Road, Merriam. Mid-December opening.
▪ Just Burgers, 13115 Holmes Road. 2019 opening. (By the owners of Martin City Coffee, which will open Oct. 15 just to the south)
▪ LC’s Bar-B-Q, Truman’s Marketplace, 12112 S. U.S. 71, Grandview. LC’s is still in negotiations for the space.
▪ Limitless Brewing, Widmer Place, 9765 Widmer Road, Lenexa. Thanksgiving Day opening.
▪ Lion’s Choice, 4049 S. Little Blue Parkway, Independence, and 14189 W. 135th St., Olathe. November openings.
▪ Local Pig and Pigwich, City Market, 20 E. Fifth St., Suite 101A. Relocating from the East Bottoms for a late fall opening.
▪ Martin City Coffee, 13115 Holmes Road. Oct. 15 soft opening and grand opening on Oct. 26.
▪ Mean Mule Distilling Co., 1733 Locust St. Tasting room scheduled to open in early 2019.
▪ Meat Mitch Barbecue, Ranchmart North, 3600 W. 95th St., Leawood. By the end of the year.
▪ Mission Taco Joint, 5060 Main St. Mid- to late-November.
▪ Mudhole BBQ, 6253 N. Oak Trafficway, Gladstone. Mid-October opening.
▪ Nick and Jake’s, 22220 Midland Drive, Shawnee. By the end of the year.
▪ Old Chicago Pizza + Taproom, One North development at Interstate 35 and Armour Road for a December opening, and 10920 N.W. Ambassador Drive for an early 2019 opening.
▪ Olive & Sage, 519 E. 18th St. No opening date was available.
▪ Outpost Social Club, 1000 W. 25th St. No opening date was available.
▪ Panera Bread, State Line Shopping Center, 103rd and State Line Road. Late 2018.
▪ Parisi Cafe, The Vue, 7261 W. 80th St., Overland Park. 2019 opening.
▪ Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 25 E. 12th St. Mid-to late-November.
▪ Plaza III The Steakhouse, 12631 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park. Late October or early November opening.
▪ Ragazza Main, 4301 Main St. Hopes to open by the end of the year.
▪ Rise Biscuits Donuts. Plans to open five shops in the next five years in the metro and Lawrence.
▪ Rockcreek Brewing Co., 5880 Beverly Ave., Mission. It is closing on the building and hopes to open in 2019.
▪ Sandhills Brewing, 5612 Johnson Drive, Mission. Twin brothers, who also own a brewery in Hutchinson, Kan., plan to open the Mission brewery and taproom by the end of the year.
▪ Scooter’s, 10002 W. 75th St., Shawnee. By early November.
▪ Servaes Brewing Co., 10921 Johnson Drive, Shawnee. Spring 2019 opening.
▪ Silo Modern Farmhouse, Canyon Farms Golf Club, 17501 W. 87th St. Parkway, Lenexa. November opening.
▪ Southern Steak & Oyster Bar by Soiree, 1512 E. 18th St. Fall opening.
▪ Strawberry Hill Brewing Co., 601 Central Ave., Kansas City, Kan. Late fall opening.
▪ Streetcar Grille & Tavern, (formerly going by Main Street Tavern), 1524 Main St. Early 2019.
▪ Summit Grill, 601 N.E. 70th St., Gladstone. November opening.
▪ 3 Trails Brewing, 111 N. Main St., Independence. Fall opening.
▪ Tom Colicchio’s food hall, Mission Gateway, Johnson Drive and Roeland Drive, Mission. By 2020.
▪ Transport Brewery, Johnson Drive, Shawnee. Late October opening.
▪ True Food Kitchen, Country Club Plaza, 4749 Pennsylvania Ave. Early 2019 opening.
▪ Urban Cafe, 5500 Troost Ave. Recently closed at 4101 Troost and will reopen later this year at 5500 Troost.
▪ Velvet Freeze, 1827 Vine. No opening date was available.
▪ West Bottoms Whiskeys in the West Bottoms. The owner couldn’t be reached for comment.
▪ Wing It On is looking at Shawnee locations.
▪ Worlds Grocer, 3967 Main St. No opening date was available.
▪ Afterword Tavern & Shelves, bookshop, bar and cafe, 1834 Grand Blvd.
▪ Aixois Creperie, in the Made in KC Marketplace on the Country Club Plaza, 306 W. 47th St.
▪ Big Momma’s Bakery-Cafe, 4707 E. Bannister Road.
▪ Black Sheep + Market, 1815 W. 39th St., market and restaurant.
▪ Bogey’s Windy City Pub, 13170 State Line Road, Leawood.
▪ Buck Naked Wings, 2631 N.E. Vivion Road.
▪ Cracker Barrel, 6751 E. 163rd St., Belton.
▪ Crossroads Hotel’s XR, 2101 Central St.
▪ Dairy Queen, 8601 W. 137th St., Overland Park.
▪ The Dapper Doughnut, a gourmet doughnut shop, Legends Outlets Kansas City, 1811 Village West Parkway, Suite O-123.
▪ Dodson’s Bar & Commons, Waldo, 7438 Wornall Road.
▪EmiChole Cafe, Independence Center, 18801 E. 39th St., Suite 1142, Independence.
▪ The Happy Apple Cafe, 5536 Troost Ave.
▪ Ignacio’s, South American cuisine, street tacos and American comfort, 925 Iowa St.
▪ Jim Leedy Bar + Kitchen, 2020 Grand Blvd.
▪ Manhattan Bar & Grill, 812 S. 12th St., Kansas City, Kan.
▪ Maui Express, 7702 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Overland Park.
▪ Mildred’s relocated to 1901 Wyandotte St.
▪ Musaletti’s Pizza, 4807 Independence Ave.
▪ Queen Sweets & Bakery, 4107 N. Cherry St.
▪ Pho Bistro Vietnamese Cuisine, 124 Cunningham Parkway, Belton.
▪ Scooter’s, 7741 Quivira Road, Lenexa.
▪ Toni’s Italian Restaurant, 1808 E. Santa Fe, Olathe.
▪ Toro Poke, Oak Park Mall, 11149 W. 95th St., Overland Park.
▪ Urban Prairie Coffee, 5606 B Johnson Drive, Mission.
▪ Wahlburgers, 11935 S. Blackbob Road, Olathe.
▪ Yum Bakery, a Boutique Bakery, relocated and expanded to 104 E. 43rd St.
▪ Firehouse BBQ, 10400 Mastin St., Overland Park.
▪ Le Monde Bakery, 308 Armour Road, North Kansas City.
▪ On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, Town Center Plaza, 5200 W. 119th St., Leawood.
▪ Taco Bueno closed 16 locations including two in the metro: 380 N.E. Vivion Road and 503 N.W. Barry Road.
Change of plans?
▪ Bad Axe Throwing already had its sign over the door at 1727-1729 Oak St. Now it is nearly covered with a “for lease” sign.
▪ Scarlet lounge was scheduled to open at 421 Westport Road this fall but now the owners are not moving forward with that concept at this time.