KC-area restaurant, grocery & brewery updates for November
Here’s a look at the latest in restaurants openings and closings in the Kansas City area.
▪ Alma Mader Brewing, 2635 Southwest Blvd. No opening date was available.
▪ Andy’s Frozen Custard plans to open in the redeveloped Metcalf South, now known as 95Metcalf South, at 95th Street and Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, and at 10641 State Line Road. Weather permitting, construction will start by the end of the year for March or April 2019 openings. The company said two or three more area locations could open in 2019.
▪ Bar + Rec, 1729 Grand Blvd. Opening spring 2019.
▪ Baramee Thai Bistro, 1810 Baltimore Ave. Hoping to open in December.
▪ The Bardot, a luxury event space, 1612 Grand Blvd. Early 2019.
▪ Black Stag Brewery, 623 Massachusetts St., Lawrence. December opening.
▪ Boathouse Grill, Worlds of Fun, 4545 Worlds of Fun Ave. Spring 2019.
▪ Brookside Barrio, Red Bridge Shopping Center, Holmes Road and Red Bridge Road. Spring 2019 opening.
▪ Caleb’s, breakfast and lunch, Red Bridge Shopping Center, Red Bridge and Holmes. Mid- to late-November opening.
▪ The Campground Bar & Grill, West Bottoms, 1531 Genessee St. No opening date was available.
▪ City Barrel Brewing Co., 1728 Holmes Road. December opening.
▪ Coach’s has dropped its plans to open at 9201 Wornall Road. It is looking at other sites in the metro.
▪ The Comedy Club KC, 1130 W. 103rd St. February opening.
▪ Crazy Crab & Seafood, 3756 Broadway Blvd. Early 2019 opening.
▪ Culver’s, a franchisee plans to open at the southwest corner of 87th Street Parkway and Loiret Boulevard, Lenexa. Early 2019 opening.
▪ Denver Biscuit Co. Still looking at Westport locations.
▪ Dunkin’ donuts. A new franchisee has signed an agreement to open three locations and is currently looking in Sedalia and Warrensburg for 2019 openings, but also is looking at sites in Kansas City.
▪ Eat Drink on 44 and Coffee on 44, 915 to 991 W. 44th St. Early 2019 openings.
▪ Evolve Juicery & Kitchen, The Vue, 7201 W. 80th St., Overland Park. Hopes to open by the end of the year.
▪ Farfalle Bistro, 318 S.E. Green St., Lee’s Summit. Mid-January.
▪ Farina by Michael Smith, 1901 Baltimore Ave. Mid-January.
▪ Fields & Ivy Brewery, 706 E. 23rd St., Lawrence. March opening.
▪ First Watch, 1077 S.W. Missouri 7, Blue Springs. Nov. 12 opening.
▪ Flow House, Interstate 35 and Armour Road. Summer 2019 opening.
▪ Fox and Pearl, 2143 Summit St., by the owners of Hank Charcuterie in Lawrence. Spring 2019. (Temporarily at 815 W. 17th St.)
▪ Freezing Rolls, BluHawk in Overland Park and Legends Outlets in Kansas City, Kan. By the end of the year.
▪ Fud restaurant wants to open at 1919 Wyandotte St. The owner did not respond to questions.
▪ Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, 13505 S. Mur-Len Road, Suite 101, Olathe. Nov. 8 opening
▪ The Garrison Cafe powered by The Roasterie, 512 Southwest Blvd. December opening.
▪ Grad School, 1744 Broadway. The owner also has a Grad School restaurant in Springfield. Plans to open by the end of the year.
▪ Guy Fieri’s new concept, Power & Light District, 1333 Walnut St. 2019 opening.
▪ Hawaiian Bros Island Grill, 12120 College Blvd., Overland Park. Early 2019.
▪ Hotel Karaoke, Power & Light District, 13th and Grand. Grand opening in early 2019.
▪ Hy-Vee Arena, 1800 Genessee St., will include All American Diner, Cool Beans vegan, Oh! Cafe, Longboards and The Smoothie Shop. Some of the operations are scheduled to open this month. KC Hopps will do the bar and catering for the arena.
▪ I am, a frozen dessert bar, 14357 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park. By the owners of the nearby Pad Thai. By late November.
▪ IHOP, 5870 Antioch Road, Merriam. Mid-December opening.
▪ Just Burgers, 13115 Holmes Road. 2019 opening. (By the owners of the new Martin City Coffee, just to the south)
▪ LC’s Bar-B-Q, Truman’s Marketplace, 12112 S. U.S. 71, Grandview. LC’s is still in negotiations for the space.
▪ Limitless Brewing, Widmer Place, 9765 Widmer Road, Lenexa. Thanksgiving Day opening.
▪ Lion’s Choice, 4049 S. Little Blue Parkway, Independence, on Nov. 14; and 14189 W. 135th St., Olathe, in December.
▪ Local Pig and Pigwich, City Market, 20 E. Fifth St., Suite 101A. Relocating from the East Bottoms for a late fall opening.
▪ Made in Kansas City, River Market, 324 Delaware. Retail shop and small cafe in a vintage streetcar. Early spring 2019 opening.
▪ Mean Mule Distilling Co., 1733 Locust St. Tasting room scheduled to open in early 2019.
▪ Meat Mitch Barbecue, Ranchmart North, 3600 W. 95th St., Leawood. Summer 2019.
▪ Mission Taco Joint, 5060 Main St. Early December.
▪ Nick and Jake’s, 22220 Midland Drive, Shawnee. By the end of the year.
▪ Ni Hao Fresh, Mission Crossing, 6029 Metcalf Ave., Mission. Early December.
▪ Old Chicago Pizza + Taproom, One North development at Interstate 35 and Armour Road for a December opening, and 10920 N.W. Ambassador Drive for an early 2019 opening.
▪ Olive & Sage, 519 E. 18th St. Mid-January 2019.
▪ Outpost Social Club, 1000 W. 25th St. No opening date was available.
▪ Panera Bread, State Line Shopping Center, 103rd and State Line Road. Late 2018.
▪ Parisi Cafe, The Vue, 7261 W. 80th St., Overland Park. 2019 opening.
▪ Percheron, Crossroads Hotel, 2101 Central St. Rooftop bar and restaurant plan spring 2019 opening.
▪ Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 25 E. 12th St. By the end of the year.
▪ Plate, East Brookside, 701 E. 63rd St. April 12 opening.
▪ Plaza III The Steakhouse, 12631 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park. Mid-November opening.
▪ Plowboys Barbeque, 6737 W. 75th St., Overland Park. By mid-April.
▪ Ragazza Main, 4301 Main St. By early January.
▪ Rise Biscuits Donuts. The franchisee said he is in negotiations for his first area location.
▪ RJ’s Coffeeland, Scottsdale Center, 17000 E. U.S. 40 , Independence. Nov. 12 opening.
▪ Rockcreek Brewing Co., 5880 Beverly Ave., Mission. It is closing on the building and hopes to open in 2019.
▪ Sandhills Brewing, 5612 Johnson Drive, Mission. By the end of the year.
▪ Sayachi Sushi & Oyster Bar, 6322 Brookside Plaza. December opening.
▪ Servaes Brewing Co., 10921 Johnson Drive, Shawnee. Spring 2019 opening.
▪ Shake Shack, Town Center Plaza, on the site of the former On the Border at 5200 W. 119th St., Leawood. 2019 opening.
▪ Silo Modern Farmhouse, Canyon Farms Golf Club, 17501 W. 87th St. Parkway, Lenexa. Nov. 13 opening.
▪ Southern Steak & Oyster Bar by Soiree, 1512 E. 18th St. February opening.
▪ Strawberry Hill Brewing Co., 601 Central Ave., Kansas City, Kan. Early 2019.
▪ Streetcar Grille & Tavern, (formerly going by Main Street Tavern), 1524 Main St. Early 2019.
▪ Summit Grill, 601 N.E. 70th St., Gladstone. November opening.
▪ Tabard’s Ale House, 12030 Blue Valley Parkway, Overland Park. Dec. 5 opening.
▪ Thai Spice, 1032 W. 103rd St. Landlord confirmed the new restaurant. No opening date was available.
▪ 3 Trails Brewing, 111 N. Main St., Independence. By early 2019.
▪ Tom Colicchio’s food hall, Mission Gateway, Johnson Drive and Roeland Drive, Mission. By 2020.
▪ Transport Brewery, 1115 Johnson Drive, Shawnee. Early December.
▪ True Food Kitchen, Country Club Plaza, 4749 Pennsylvania Ave. Early 2019 opening.
▪ Urban Cafe, 5500 Troost Ave. By the end of the year.
▪ Velvet Freeze, 1827 Vine. No opening date was available.
▪ West Bottoms Whiskey, 1321 W. 13th St. in the West Bottoms. March 2019 opening.
▪ Worlds Grocer, 3967 Main St. No opening date was available.
▪ Aixois Creperie, Made in Kansas City Marketplace, Country Club Plaza, 306 W. 47th St.
▪ Anamarina Cafe, 809 W. 39th St., Suite 110. Has reopened with a new partner.
▪ The Burg & Barrel, 5408 W. 151st St., Leawood.
▪ Chuy’s, 6700 W. 135th St., Overland Park.
▪ Crossroads Hotel, 2101 Central St. XR and Lazia restaurants and bar now open.
▪ Cupcake a La Mode, 318 S.E. Douglas St., Lee’s Summit.
▪ Dairy Queen, 8601 W. 137th St., Overland Park.
▪ Dream Coffee, 4101 Troost Ave.
▪ Fizzolino, Prosecco truck. Private events only.
▪ Jim Leedy Bar + Kitchen, Hotel Indigo, 2020 Grand Blvd.
▪ Martin City Coffee, 13115 Holmes Road.
▪ The Melt Truck, food truck. Specializes in gourmet grilled sandwiches, soups and waffle ice cream sandwiches.
▪ Minsky’s Pizza, 10540 S. Ridgeview Road, Olathe.
▪ Mudhole BBQ, 6253 N. Oak Trafficway, Gladstone.
▪ Riverpark Pub & Eatery, 2 Main St., Parkville.
▪ Shack Breakfast & Lunch, 7218 College Blvd., Overland Park.
▪ Vitality Bowls, 11721 College Blvd., Overland Park.
▪ Chubby’s, 3756 Broadway.
▪ Cleaver & Cork, Power & Light District, 1333 Walnut St.
▪ On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, Town Center Plaza, 5200 W. 119th St., Leawood.
▪ Simple Science Juices, 1914 Main St.
▪ Tanner’s Bar & Grill, 7425 Broadway.