The Powerball ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million wasn’t sold in Missouri. But two Missouri Powerball players were so close to picking all the winning numbers that that their tickets are worth $1 million each.
The script changed Sunday for the Royals, but not the ending as they concluded a three-game weekend pratfall in the East Bay with a 4-3 loss to the Oakland A’s.
Taylor Swift was the red hot winner at the Billboard Music Awards. Swift won eight awards, including top artist and top Billboard 200 album for "Red." Also at Sunday's show, R&B singer Miguel seemed to kick a fan when he jumped over the crowd during a performance of his hit "Adorn."
- The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Star Shots | Best photos from May 19
- Christ the Servant Church free garage sale
- Downtown Art Annual
- NHRA Mello Yello Kansas Nationals
- Red carpet photos from the Billboard Music Awards
- A's 4, Royals 3
- Sporting 1, D.C. United 1
- Athletics 2, Royals 1
- Star Shots | May 18, 2013
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Missouri high school track and field championships
- RAW Video: Elio Motors three-wheel passenger vehicle
- DARE: Columnist Jenee' Osterheldt confronts her fear of roller coasters!
- DARE: Staff artist Hector Casanova jumps out of a plane
- Standees opens next week in Prairie Village
- Kia appears on Rachael Ray Show
- Running back Jamaal Charles on OTAs
- Chiefs Eric Fisher adjusting to right tackle
- Alex Smith talks about his front line, receivers
- NASA engineer visits LEGOLAND Discovery Center
- Chiefs Andy Reid on Branden Albert
- Branden Albert at Chiefs OTAs, playing left tackle
- Paralympian Ryan Chalmers pushes his chair through Kansas
- West Bottoms Car Show
- Downtown Art Annual
- T-Bones home opener vs. Wichita Wingnuts
- Parkville Junk Extravaganza
- Michael Bergens Toys for Disadvantaged Children Night Train Run
- Armed Forces Day Parade and celebration
- Heart Walk 2013
- Zona Rosa hosts Hillcrest Walk for the Homeless
- Thanks for the Warning opens at the Dolphin gallery
- Community Faces | LaCrauserie Francais 100th Anniversary
- Community Faces | Philomene Bennett's 2013 Spring Studio
- Rodney Carrington at the Midland
- Party Pics: Dollar Night at Ernie Biggs
- Party Pics: Dollar night at Ernie Biggs
- Party Pics: Deck Opening Party with the Stolen Winnebagos at the Longbranch
- Party Pics: Rockfest after party at Angel's Rock Bar
- Party Pics: Rockfest 2013
- Party Pics: Kong's Jam for Life
- Cuatro de Mayo Street Fest at Zocalo
- Party Pics: Vinyl Richy at the Well in Waldo
- Party Pics: Cinco de Drinko with Dolewite at Sol Cantina
- Party Pics: South of the Border Fiesta at Angel's Rock Bar
- Party Pics: DJ Allen Michael at Mosaic
- Dining Guide | Flavors of love
The deal to buy Handmark, which owns social media app maker OneLouder, is expected to be formally announced today. Augie Grasis, who founded Handmark 13 years ago, declined to provide the amount Sprint paid in the cash sale.
Now in their senior years of college, more than half of the 125 in the first class have fallen out of college or are not on pace to graduate within five years. From the moment the foundation launched its first class as seventh-graders in 2003, it knew the critical measure of its investment would come now, 10 years later.
Sporting Kansas City settled for a 1-1 draw Sunday with Eastern Conference bottom-feeder D.C. United at RFK Stadium, but the game wasnt without controversy. Defender Ike Opara appeared to stake Sporting KC, 6-4-3, to a lead in the 30th minute, but the goal was disallowed.
In the last few years, the Kansas City-based video production firm T2 Studios and its so-called Experience Lab have gained a growing reputation for creating what are called immersion experiences. In a world of way-too-much stuff passing before our eyes, what all these flashy sights are about is an elevated form of marketing.
The first West Bottoms Car Show filled the space under the 12th Street bridge with rat rods, hot rods, tot rods, muscle cars, race cars, motorcycles and bicycles for spectators to admire. The show featured a '40s- and '50s-era pin-up girl contest.
The number of impoverished people in Americas suburbs surged 64 percent in the past decade, creating for the first time a landscape in which the suburban poor outnumber the urban poor, a new report shows. Around Kansas City, patterns of poverty have been quietly shifting for some time.
After excessive crowds and a brawl marred a free admission weekend event in April, the Kansas City Zoo will let Jackson and Clay county residents in for free on Tuesday, June 25, a switch from plans to do that on Saturday, June 29.
Julia Hill, a civil rights pioneer and a former president of the Kansas City school board, cautions that people have to turn away from texting, social media and cellphones and talk with others. It is the only way problems will be identified and solved. Civil rights advances in the next 50 years will only occur if everyone is involved.
Missouri needs a Medicaid reform plan that brings the most value for our state, including returning our citizens hard-earned tax dollars from Washington and addressing the health care needs of Missourians, writes Herb B. Kuhn of the Missouri Hospital Association. Lets focus on what we can accomplish.
A field of 17 people have stepped forward to replace new Mayor Mark Holland on the Unified Governments Board of Commissioners. In an era when so few people even bother to vote, its a plus for Wyandotte County that so many are willing to engage politically.
The 2013 session of the Kansas Legislature nears an end with the chief justice of the state Supreme Court accusing a leading senator with political coercion. Meantime, efforts are picking up steam to force appellate judges into retirement and to build separate civil and criminal appeals courts.
On Sunday, Johnny Gray, 60, won for the second straight weekend and third time this season when he beat Robert Hight in the Funny Car finals at the NHRA Kansas Nationals at Heartland Park.
Dollar drink specials and live dueling pianos provided plenty of entertainment Wednesday night at Ernie Biggs.