Tulsa asked for and was given permission by Missouri’s athletic department to talk with current Tigers basketball coach Frank Haith, an MU official told The Star. Haith left Columbia for Tulsa, Okla., around 4 p.m. Thursday, and shortly after, ESPN and CBS Sports reported Haith had already agreed in principle to take the Golden Hurricane’s job.
Follow along on your desktop or mobile device during Thursday's Royals-Astros game for live stats and updates from The Star's sports team. First pitch is set for 7:10 p.m. on Fox Sports Kansas City.
Clergy of different faiths, joined by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, delivered messages of hope and unity Thursday before more than 1,300 people gathered at the Jewish Community Center in Overland Park. “A pall has been cast over our great nation,” Holder said. “We gather today not in joy, but in solemn reflection.” The overall message, however, was focused on the power of love and unity to combat hatred and evil.
- Marlon Wayans is a seriously funny guy
- JCC interfaith service
- NY Auto show features new Mustang, Corvette, Maserati
- Entertainment: Porsha Williams, Marlon Wayans, Jaime Pressley, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Queen Elizabeth,
- Prince George, Puppies and Cricket as Royals visit Australia, New Zealand
- Royals 6, Astros 4
- InterContinental Hotels employee gala
- Fans disappointed after Miley Cyrus cancels Sprint Center concert
- Training for the Mothers Day 5K: Week 3
- Easter egg hunt at Belton Assembly of God
- Belton Spring Fling
- Leawood Eggstravaganza
- Soccer fans watch FC Kansas City take on Sky Blue FC
- Roller Derby double-header
- Prairie Village Earth Fair
- Wyandotte County Ethnic Festival
- Rock the Parkway half-marathon and 5K
- Puppets for the Planet Festival
If Johnny Depp seemed overexposed by the time the third Pirates of the Caribbean lumbered into theaters, thats nothing compared to Transcendence. Depps star power cant quite provide the oomph needed to make this intriguing idea soar. Its a competent but curiously flat drama. More shrugs than thrills.
Chipotle is feeling confident that customers are willing to pay more for its burritos, bowls and tacos. The Mexican food chain said Thursday that it would raise prices for the first time in three years as its popularity continues to soar. Menu boards with the new prices should start rolling out in coming weeks and be in place at all restaurants by this summer.
A person close to the family has confirmed reports that that Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died. He was 87.
Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected — a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
Facebook users in the U.S. will soon be able to see which of their friends are nearby using a new feature the company is launching on Thursday.
ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper released his fourth mock draft on Thursday, and for the second time in a row, he predicted the Chiefs will select Southern California receiver Marqise Lee with the 23rd overall pick.
Miley Cyrus pulled out her cell phone at 5 a.m Thursday to show her followers what early-morning med time looks like in the hospital. She has been hospitalized since Tuesday and has canceled more concerts in Nashville and Louisville.
The top 10 were announced at a private event at Boulevard Brewing Co. The event — presented by Intrust Bank — was part of the chamber’s annual small business celebrations. One of the top 10 will be crowned the Kansas City 2014 Small Business of the Year and receive the Mr. K Award at a luncheon May 29.
If dyeing Easter eggs with vinegar and color tablets is feeling old, reach for a new duo: shaving cream and liquid food coloring. It’s a tactile project many kids — and adults — will enjoy
Why do we have to wait for lawsuits or the action of prosecutors before scrubbing ineligible candidates from the ballot?
After he was convicted of armed robbery in 2000, Cornealious Anderson was sentenced to 13 years behind bars and told to await instructions on when and where to report to prison. But those instructions never came.
Since joining Instagram on Wednesday, Vice President Joe Biden has wasted no time posting an inside look into the vice presidency and even snapping a selfie with his pal the president. The White House even announced Biden’s new social media presence on their blog, saying, “The VP's Instagram followers will have access to behind-the-scenes photos from the road and around the White House.”
Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe pleaded guilty Wednesday in Riverside Municipal Court to amended charges of defective equipment and littering relating to his Nov. 10 arrest for marijuana possession. The city prosecutor, Amy Ashefford, said Bowe paid $610 in fines.
Blogs and columns
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams charged with attacking fellow cast member Kenya Moore
- Man gets kicked in head by train conductor while taking selfie (with video)
- Ailing Malcolm Young taking break from AC/DC
- 'X-Men' director accused of teen sex abuse in lawsuit
- Will Arnett files for divorce from Amy Poehler
- Thursday links: Kiper predicts Chiefs will take Marqise Lee in latest mock draft
- Wednesday links: Chiefs reportedly meet with Georgia QB Aaron Murray
- Chiefs make cameo in ‘Draft Day’ movie
- Chiefs work out small-college cornerback Keith Lewis
- An 'elite' NFL jersey will set you back $295 as Nike increases prices