Still wondering why Channel 9 pushed meteorologist Lisa Teachman out the door earlier this year? So is she. I still dont know what happened, Teachman said Wednesday, the day after it was announced shell be joining KCTV-5s morning show.
In 1987, he reached a plea bargain with federal prosecutors on weapons charges, agreeing to testify against associates in paramilitary and white supremacist movements. The 1987 sentencing memorandum recommended witness protection for Miller, according to Chris Shields, a domestic terrorism researcher.
Kansas Democrats are downplaying a report in the New York Times suggesting Kathleen Sebelius may come back to Kansas to run for the Senate against Pat Roberts. Political reporters are salivating, and so, apparently, are Kansas Republicans.
- Rails arrive for downtown streetcar line
- Six dead, hundreds missing as ferry sinks off coast of South Korea,
- NY Auto show features new Mustang, Corvette, Maserati
- Prince George, Puppies and Cricket as Royals visit Australia, New Zealand
- Dancing with the Stars features Disney songs and eliminations
- Star Shots | Best Photos of April 15, 2014
- Fans disappointed after Miley Cyrus cancels Sprint Center concert
- Training for the Mothers Day 5K: Week 3
- Easter egg hunt at Belton Assembly of God
- Belton Spring Fling
- Leawood Eggstravaganza
- Soccer fans watch FC Kansas City take on Sky Blue FC
- Roller Derby double-header
- Prairie Village Earth Fair
- Wyandotte County Ethnic Festival
- Rock the Parkway half-marathon and 5K
- Puppets for the Planet Festival
- Overland Park Farmers Market opens for 2014
Bless his heart, Shabazz Napiers bizarre claim that he goes to bed "starving" actually led to a small show of progress from the NCAA. If nothing else, this is a shining neon symbol about just how little leverage and credibility the NCAA has because, lets be honest, Shabazz Napier is not going to bed starving.
Thousands of fans who were disappointed by the cancellation of the Miley Cyrus show on Tuesday can hope she will return on another date, but as of now, no plans have been announced to reschedule the Sprint Center show or tonight’s show at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis.
A 3-year-old boy feared missing by his mother was found safe and sound, playing with stuffed animals inside an arcade claw machine in Lincoln, Neb., Tuesday.
The Buenos Aires Zoo is showing off its latest brood of white tigers Bengal triplets with piercing blue eyes and a playful attitude. The two female cubs have prominent black stripes and tawny white coats, while the male is nearly pure white.
This is the meeting weve all been waiting for, isnt it? George Brett met Lorde Tuesday night in Las Vegas, according to TMZ. A vintage photo of Brett inspired the title of the singers monster hit, Royals.
Westport Ale House and Ca Va are known for beer and champagne but their dessert menus could stand alone. Heres a taste of Westport Ales Tank 7 Donuts and Ca Vas French-inspired sweets.
The recent highway shootings are among the grim reminders that Kansas Citys unacceptably high rates of violent crime and murder affect its reputation. Its essential that leaders keep trying to reduce these rates. They are bad for businesses, bad for tourists and especially bad for residents.
Lawyers for supporters and opponents of Kansas Citys streetcars sparred at a hearing to determine the legality of a new taxing district that could help fund extensions to the downtown starter route. Meanwhile, Trucks began unloading rail for the Kansas City streetcar project on Wednesday in downtown Kansas City.
Raj Sadasivan did some of his most lucrative work altering medical records with a paper cutter and scissors, some of his former employees contend. Those records at the Hope Cancer Institute in Kansas City, Kan., became the key to an alleged attempt to bilk Medicare and other government programs out of millions of dollars — the largest federal health fraud case in the Kansas City area in recent years. Government claims against Sadasivan and the clinic amounted to $31.7 million.
A ferry carrying 462 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip to a tourist island, sank off South Korea's southern coast on Wednesday, leaving more than 280 people missing despite a frantic, hours-long rescue by dozens of ships and helicopters. At least four people were confirmed dead and 55 injured.
Yordano Ventura picked up his first big-league victory as the Royals beat the Astros 4-2 on Tuesday night in Houston. Ventura limited Houston to a pair of runs in seven innings. He struck out seven. He threw 101 pitches. It was the fifth start of his career, and yet another example of the dynamic potential that so tantalizes this organization.
Kansas State athletics director John Currie is obviously pleased with the direction of the Wildcats’ basketball program under coach Bruce Weber. On Wednesday, he awarded Weber with his second contract extension since he was hired in 2012. Both deals added a year to his contract. His new contract runs through 2019 without an increase in pay.
With three veteran starters returning from a group that paved the way for Kansas State to average 402 yards of offense last season, the Wildcats’ offensive line has a core strong enough to be even better up front next season. But replacing the two blockers they lost isn’t easy.
Blogs and columns
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement to Donnie Wahlberg on 'The View'
- Miss Kansas Theresa Vail to host hunting show for Outdoors Channel
- B.B. King apologizes for bad St. Louis show
- Miley Cyrus cancels St. Louis show, tweets from hospital
- George Brett, who inspired the song Royals, finally meets Lorde
- NYT says Sebelius is considering taking on Roberts for Senate, but local Democrats doubtful
- Schweich hauls in $257K
- BuzzChatter Wednesday: It’s easy to complain about the tax code
- Dole barnstorming through eastern Kansas. Is he really not running for anything?
- BuzzChatter Tuesday: McCaskill, Demo senators urge Obama to get moving on Keystone