Missouri athletic director Mike Alden said at a news conference Friday that basketball coach Frank Haith has taken the job at Tulsa. The Golden Hurricane have called a news conference for 1 p.m. to announce Haith as its new coach.
The Royals completed a sweep of the Houston Astros and are now back to .500 with a record of seven wins and seven losses. James Shields got his first win of the season by pitching eight innings and giving up just one run. Shields also struck out 12, while giving up two walks and four singles—and two of them were infield singles. That’s some pretty good pitching.
Downtown Kansas City scored a triple play when two apartment projects totaling more than 300 units won incentives necessary to begin work and a plan to double the size of the Crossroads Academy charter school was approved.
- Embassy Suites 25th Anniversary Client Party
- Antioch Park Easter Egg Hunt
- InterContinental Hotels employee gala
- Fans disappointed after Miley Cyrus cancels Sprint Center concert
- Training for the Mothers Day 5K: Week 3
- Easter egg hunt at Belton Assembly of God
- Belton Spring Fling
- Leawood Eggstravaganza
- Soccer fans watch FC Kansas City take on Sky Blue FC
- Roller Derby double-header
- Prairie Village Earth Fair
- Wyandotte County Ethnic Festival
His death mourned around the globe, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is being hailed as a giant of modern literature, a writer of intoxicating novels and short stories that illuminated Latin America's passions, superstition, violence and social inequality.
The investigation into South Korea's ferry disaster focused on the sharp turn it took just before it began listing and on the possibility that a quicker evacuation order by the captain could have saved lives, officials said Friday, as rescuers struggled to find some 270 people still missing and feared dead.
Clergy of different faiths, joined by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, delivered messages of hope and unity Thursday before more than 1,300 people gathered at the Jewish Community Center in Overland Park. A pall has been cast over our great nation, Holder said. We gather today not in joy, but in solemn reflection. The overall message, however, was focused on the power of love and unity to combat hatred and evil.
The Florida-based company plans to revamp its restaurants at 2800 W. 53rd St. in Fairway and 12040 Blue Valley Parkway in Overland Park by late summer. The restaurants will be open during the remodeling. First Watch also plans to reopen its North Kansas City restaurant at 409 Armour Road by the end of the year.
If dyeing Easter eggs with vinegar and color tablets is feeling old, reach for a new duo: shaving cream and liquid food coloring. It’s a tactile project many kids — and adults — will enjoy
Coming up: Thomas Hart Benton display, Dead Girl Derby, Poetrys a Drag, Party for the Planet, Rob Delaney, Sporting KC vs. Montreal
In May 2010, Tallgrass Brewing Co. became the first brewer in Kansas to sell craft beer in cans. After that move, sales rocketed in out-of-state markets where beer drinkers had accepted that good brew could come in an aluminum can. Now, Kansas Citians are beginning to embrace craft beer in cans, too.
Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected — a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
What happened in season 3's finale? Count on murder and plot twists. Joe Morton, who plays Papa Pope, told the New York Daily News the cast was 'shocked' when they read the script. Follow what happened here in this Twitter summary.
It seems more and more draft analysts these days are predicting the Chiefs will take a receiver in the first round of the NFL Draft, and really, that makes a lot of sense to NFL.coms Daniel Jeremiah.
When Kansas track coach Stanley Redwine and Lindsay Vollmer, the individual NCAA champion in the heptathlon, waited to shake hands with President Obama in March, they experienced the twin feelings of accomplishment and motivation. The defending NCAA champions will take to the track this week for the KU Relays at Rock Chalk Park, the new $39 million facility that also includes new venues for the KU softball and soccer programs.
The Kansas Board of Regents appears to be digging in deeper when it comes to curbing freedom of speech on university campuses.
We need a national effort by colleges to offer swift and effective help to the victims, and tough punishment for the criminals involved in the assaults.
Blogs and columns
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers plans another Olathe restaurant
- First Watch plans to remodel two area restaurants and return in North Kansas City
- Skechers Factory Outlet Store opening in Overland Park
- Topekas PTs at College Hill makes top coffee shop list
- AMC Town Center theaters get a seven-figure face-lift
- Thursday links: Kiper predicts Chiefs will take Marqise Lee in latest mock draft
- Wednesday links: Chiefs reportedly meet with Georgia QB Aaron Murray
- Chiefs make cameo in ‘Draft Day’ movie
- Chiefs work out small-college cornerback Keith Lewis
- An 'elite' NFL jersey will set you back $295 as Nike increases prices