Follow along on your desktop or mobile device during Tuesdays Royals-Indians game for live stats and updates from Andy McCullough, The Stars Royals beat reporter. First pitch is set for 6:05 p.m. Central on Fox Sports Kansas City.
Populous leaving offices built for it in the River Market in 2006 for the Board of Trade building near the Country Club Plaza, sports architecture firm needs room for expansion.
The search for Frank Haiths replacement as Missouris mens basketball coach entered its fifth day Tuesday with athletic director Mike Alden bunkered in as promised. Still, Missouri has reached out to former player and assistant Kim Anderson. Also, Texas-El Pasos Tim Floyd has emerged as a strong candidate, according to ESPN.
- Show-Me State Games Torch Run
- Easter Parade at Zona Rosa
- Sporting KC vs. Montreal Impact fans
- Hyde Park Spring Frolic and Egg Hunt
- Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City Prom
- Community of Christ Church Easter Carnival
- The 87th annual Kansas Relays
- New Life Family Church Spring Festival
- Westport Easter SpEGGtacular
- Southcreek Office Park Easter Egg 5K and Bunny Fun Run
- Good Friday on the Plaza
- Embassy Suites 25th Anniversary Client Party
Brothers Jimmy and David Frantze have signed a lease in the new Plaza Vista, 900 W. 48th Place, just west of the Country Club Plaza. They hope to reopen JJs in late summer. About 90 percent of the former JJs employees are expected to rejoin the restaurant.
The brother-in-law of the Prince of Wales died Wednesday after falling outside a hotel bar and suffering a head injury, police said.
Five former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders on Tuesday sued the team over a pay system they say had them working hundreds of hours for free at games and at mandatory public appearances at which they were subjected to groping and sexual comments, and one said they had to take a jiggle test so their boss could see how firm their bodies were.
A New Hampshire grand jury has indicted a former Sprint executive on second-degree murder charges in a crash that killed a Vermont couple in December. Robert Dellinger, 53, told investigators he was trying to kill himself when he steered his pick-up truck across an Interstate 89 median in Lebanon.
Rep. Nick Marshall, a Parkville Republican, says an executive order issued by Nixon that allows married same-sex couples to file joint state tax returns violates a voter-approved constitutional amendment. Two other articles of impeachment against Nixon have also been filed.
If a 10-year-old boy must have a tube forced down his throat to keep him alive after he was shot sitting in a car at a Kansas City gas station, then some able-bodied adults can muster the fortitude to call the TIPS Hotline.
Kansas City often cant compete with much of what Boston and other East Coast elites such as New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. can offer. But more optimistically, Kansas City can compete for new residents and jobs on issues that are extremely important to people in general and millennials specifically.
Jodie Foster is a married woman. The 51-year-old Oscar winner wed girlfriend Alexandra Hedison over the weekend, Foster's publicist confirmed Wednesday. Jennifer Allen offered no other details.
If they plan it we will come? Well see on Fathers Day weekend. Plans are underway to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Field of Dreams. Sports stars scheduled to play include former Royals pitcher Bret Saberhagen.
Four centuries after his death, William Shakespeare is probably Britain's best-known export, his words and characters famous around the world. It's fitting they were first staged at a playhouse called the Globe. Now the modern-day Shakespeare's Globe theater in London is setting out to test the Bard's maxim that "all the world's a stage" by taking "Hamlet" to every country on Earth, more than 200 in all.
The former bowling alley and ice rink closed five years ago. Johnson County taxpayers now own it, but some are fuming about that, noting that the $3.6 million the county spent to purchase and stabilize the facility over the last 30 months could have been used to address other public needs.
The entry of Spirit promises new competition for Southwest Airlines, which has become the dominant carrier in Kansas City with more than 40 percent of the market. It creates the possibility for travelers that the two airlines will directly compete for business to such cities as Chicago.
In the six-state region of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas, doctors averaged $257,000 last year, according to a survey by the online news and information site Medscape. The only doctors with higher incomes averaging $1,000 more were in the six Midwestern states clustered around the Great Lakes.
Blogs and columns
- JJs restaurant to reopen across from its original location
- Skechers opening first Kansas City-area outlet store in Overland Park
- New coffee and vintage furnishings shop for antique district
- Kiss co-founders Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley set Rock & Brews opening in Overland Park
- Restaurant health code violations for April 21
- Chiefs’ Rishaw Johnson will get first chance to start at right guard
- K-State tackle, NFL prospect Cornelius Lucas recovers from foot injury
- Chiefs have good turnout on first day of offseason workouts
- Chiefs QB Alex Smith to get honorary doctorate from Utah
- Former K-State star Jordy Nelson to drive pace car at Kansas Speedway
- Missouri lawmakers debate impeaching Gov. Jay Nixon
- Here’s one explanation for why Sebelius is still sticking around
- BuzzChatter Wednesday: At 90, Dole’s still making news
- New poll shows Sam Brownback leading Paul Davis in Kansas governor’s race
- Missouri governor says flaw in tax cut bill is ‘crippling’