- Missouri Class 5 championship: Lee's Summit West 51, Parkway Central 14
- Kansas 5A football: Blue Valley 27, Salina South 26
- Missouri Class 2 Championship Game | Lamar 42, Lawson 0
- Missouri 83, Nevada 70
- Missouri Class 6 Championship Game | Blue Springs 35, Rock Bridge 14
- MSHSAA Boys Soccer Game Action
- MSHSAA Class 3 State Soccer Championship | Rockurst 3, Timberland 1
- Lee's Summit West 42, Kearney 14
- Shawnee Mission East 37, Olathe North 27
- Shawnee Mission East 20, Olathe East 13
- Kansas 6A Soccer Championship Game | Blue Valley Northwest 2, Manhattan 0
- Kansas Class 6A soccer | Olathe East 4, Derby 1
Can’t make it to St. Louis Friday and Saturday? Here’s where to find the high school state championship games on TV.
Blue Springs, Kearney, Lee’s Summit West, Liberty North and Lawson play for state championship berths in Missouri this weekend, and in Kansas, SM East, Olathe North, Blue Valley, Blue Valley West and Paola battle in semifinals.
A month into the football season, Blue Springs wide receiver Darrius Shepherd said he hoped his senior class would leave a mark on an already tradition-filled program.
Titans jump to big halftime lead and pour it on in the second half en route to the victory.
When the scoreboard clock read all zeros, there were players wearing the Blue Valley High School black uniforms celebrating the Kansas Class 5A football state championship, while the white-shirted Salina South players were on the ground in dejection as their last quarter comeback came up just short.
Although Shawnee Mission East’s historic football season ended with a 28-21 loss to Derby in the Kansas 6A state championship game last Saturday, the effects of its success will linger.
Truman returns plenty of talent after losing just one game last season.
DaShawn Harden, a former Kansas City Star All-Metro girls basketball player of the year, scored 20 and 19 points in her first two games for LSU, winning Southeastern Conference women’s basketball player of the week honors.
Seven players, including the Huskies’ Clayton Custer, sign letters of intent.
Kearney senior Chandler Gallagher says she first learned of the Kenneth Smith Award two years ago. An honor reserved for the top female golfer in the Kansas City metropolitan area — in terms of athletic performance, academic achievement and community service — immediately moved to the top of her wish list.