Stepbrother, cousin died in KC shooting spree targeting relatives of alleged killer

The victims of a Sunday morning shooting spree that killed three people in Kansas City and Raytown included a stepbrother and cousin of the alleged shooter, according to court documents.

The stepbrother, Jarrin A. Walton, was found dead inside a home in Raytown. The cousin, Jason L. Jones, was found fatally wounded on the front porch of a home in south Kansas City.

Prosecutors have accused Issac J. Fisher, 35, of carrying out the shootings, which appeared to mostly target his relatives and also claimed the life of a woman Fisher had previously been in a relationship with for years.

Angenette Hollins, the first of the victims to be shot, was found killed inside a house in south Kansas City. Hollins and Fisher had two children together, one of whom died in infancy.

Prosecutors have charged Fisher with 18 felonies, including three counts of second-degree murder. The shooting spree also wounded two people, including a 4-year-old child, and set off an intense manhunt in south Kansas City.

According to court documents:

The shootings occurred over a period of a little more more than an hour. Hollins was shot shortly after 9 a.m. inside a house in the 9000 block of Kentucky Avenue.

Fisher fled after the shooting and went to a home on Laurel Avenue in Raytown, where he allegedly kicked in a door and drove away in a second vehicle.

About 9:30 a.m., Raytown police responded to a triple shooting at a home in the 5700 block of Elm Avenue. They found three people shot inside the home.

Walton, who was identified in court documents as Fisher’s stepbrother, had been fatally shot. An adult and a 4-year-old girl had also been shot, while a 1-year-old was not injured.

About 10:30 a.m., Kansas City police responded to a shooting near 112th Street and Eastern Avenue, where they found Jones, who was identified as a cousin to Fisher, mortally wounded. While still alive, Jones told a witness that “Big” was the one who shot him.

Prosecutors said Fisher goes by the nickname “Big.”

Fisher was in custody at the Jackson County jail Tuesday with bond set at $1 million.

Related stories from Kansas City Star