Sprouts Farmers Market, one of the fastest-growing retailers in the country, will kick off its new store in Nall Hills Shopping Center with a 7 a.m. ribbon cutting Wednesday.
The 32,000-square-foot store, at 9628 Nall Ave., will have several special events and giveaways.
▪ Free muffin and coffee samples for those in line before the doors open.
▪ One dollar deals throughout the store.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The first 200 shoppers in line receive 20 percent off their initial total purchase.
▪ Every 15th shopper will get a Sprouts coupon book.
▪ Customers also will receive a free reusuable bag with purchase.
Specials continue through the grand opening weekend, including a coupon book for five free sandwiches to the first 200 customers on Saturday.
Sprouts stores feature fresh produce, bulk foods, dairy, meat and seafood, fresh baked goods, vitamins and supplements, and natural, organic and gluten-free groceries.
Sprouts opened its first store in Chandler, Ariz., in 2002 and now has more than 230 stores in 13 states, including area locations in the Northland, Lawrence, Lenexa, Lee’s Summit and Overland Park. It took part of the former Nuts and Bolts True Value space in Nall Hills.
Nall Hills was built in 1974 and is currently being redeveloped. Other tenants include Tuesday Morning, Bike America and Firestone.
THESE LAST TWO ITEMS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ONLINE
New rowing studio for Leawood
Health House, which opened a rowing studio at 8029 State Line Road in 2013, is expanding.
It will open a location in Town Center Plaza, 5029 W. 117th St., Leawood, in September.
The new location, designed by Hufft Projects, will offer rowing classes in a studio with 30 rowers, and a full-service locker room with showers and changing rooms. It also will have a retail area and cafe station offering organic refreshments like juice blends in partnership with Enjoy Pure Food + Drink.
Owner Jon Knopke plans a variety of rowing classes mixed with cardio, strength training and yoga intervals. He has worked in management for large health club and fitness centers for nearly 16 years.
Aeropostale had formerly operated in the Leawood space.
Legends Outlets updates
A new multi-tenant building in the Legends Outlets Kansas City will house a retailer and two restaurants.
▪ Visionworks, a provider of eye care products and services, plans a grand opening Thursday through Sunday.
▪ Noodles & Company, a fast casual restaurant chain specializing in noodle dishes, sandwiches, salads and soups, plans a July opening.
▪ PepperJax Grill, a fast casual chain specializing in made-to-order Philly steak sandwiches — as well as gourmet rice bowls, giant burritos, loaded nachos and fresh salads — plans a September opening. PepperJax is looking at two other area sites — in the Northland and Olathe.
Another 1,600-square-space is still available in the new 9,500-square-foot Legends Outlets building at 1703 Village West Parkway.