Celebrate Monday’s eclipse with these local apparel, food and drink offerings.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Normal Human, 1815 McGee St.: Total Eclipse of the Heartland T-shirt. Designed by Wonder Fair in Lawrence, made in Guatemala with 100 percent “super soft” cotton and then hand-printed by Normal Human. $28.
▪ Raygun, 1803 Baltimore Ave.: Total Eclipse of Kansas City T-shirt. Purple screenprint on front in unisex style, or women’s banana cream color, in 60 percent preshrunk combed cotton/40 percent polyester. Cut and sewn by Next Level Apparel in California, designed and screenprinted by Raygun. $22.
▪ Shatto Milk Co., Osborn, Mo.: Shatto eclipse Anvil 980 T-shirt in black with the sun’s corona surrounding a Shatto milk bottle. On the back is its cow head logo wearing shades and “8/21/17 even the moon deserves its day in the sun.” The shirts can be purchased at the farm or on its website at www.shatto.bigcartel.com. $12.99.
Shatto also had limited edition bottles of Black Milk with a flavor similar to its cookies and cream version. But Shatto said the supplies sold out within the hour of hitting store shelves.
▪ Dolce Bakery, 3930 W. 69th Terrace, Prairie Village: Moon pies with house-made marshmallow fluff between two graham cracker cookies with a touch of brown sugar, covered in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. $2.
▪ Krispy Kreme: Doughnuts featuring chocolate glaze rather than the original coating. Offered in the evening Saturday through Monday, according to local managers, and from about 5:30 to 10 a.m. Monday at participating locations.
▪ Doughnut Lounge, 4117 Pennsylvania Ave.: Yeast doughnut filled with blackberry/blueberry jam and topped with midnight blue icing. $3.35.
▪ P.S. Speakeasy, Hotel Phillips, 106 W. 12th St.: Eclipse-inspired cocktail, the Deep Space, with Belle de Brillet pear cognac, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, Oloroso sherry, and Brut-Bubbles; and the Mercury Rising cocktail featuring Tres Agaves Tequila, Cherry Heering, Aperol, lemon juice and Del Maguey mezcal. $11 each.
▪ Kilo Charlie Coffee Bar, Hotel Phillips: A Shot in the Dark, a mocha draft affogato with La Colombe mocha draft latte topped with vanilla bean gelato. $4.
▪ Houlihan’s: Throwin’ Shade cocktail made with Grey Goose vodka, cranberry juice, Triple Sec, fresh lemon juice and blackberry and a “sun and moon” garnish ($5) and Moon Stuffed ’Shroom’s ($1 each with another purchase), all day on Monday. Each area location will give away 50 protective solar eclipse glasses for dine-in customers only that day while supplies last.