New England (11-3, owns the tiebreaker over the Broncos for the top seed after beating them 43-21 on Nov. 2), Denver (11-3) and Indianapolis (10-4) have clinched division titles in the AFC, and Cincinnati (9-4-1) has a half-game lead in the AFC North. Here are the teams leading the chase to get in as the two wild cards.
Games left: vs. Chiefs, vs. Bengals
▪ The loser of the Steelers-Chiefs game next Sunday will be in trouble.
Games left: at Texans, vs. Browns
▪ The Ravens have played well down the stretch, winning four of five.
Games left: at Steelers, vs. Chargers
▪ The Chiefs will be in if they win their last two, but they will need help if they go 1-1.
San Diego, 8-6
Games left: at 49ers, at Chiefs
▪ The Chargers appear to be in trouble after losing to Denver on Sunday.
Games left: at Raiders, at Patriots
▪ The Bills would lose a tie breaker to the Chiefs because of a loss to them last month.