The bracket is set for the 2017 Big 12 men’s basketball tournament, which runs Wednesday-Saturday at the Sprint Center. Here is the schedule, game times and more information, including TV channels, street closures and where to get tickets.
Wednesday’s first round
No. 8 seed TCU 82, No. 9 seed Oklahoma 63
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
No. 10 seed Texas 61, No. 7 seed Texas Tech 52
No. 4 seed Iowa State 92, No. 5 seed Oklahoma State 83
No. 8 seed TCU 85, No. 1 seed Kansas 82
No. 2 seed West Virginia 63, No. 10 seed Texas 53
No. 6 seed Kansas State 70, No. 3 seed Baylor 64
No. 4 seed Iowa State 84, No. 8 seed TCU 63
No. 2 seed West Virginia 51, No. 6 seed Kansas State 50
No. 2 seed West Virginia vs. No. 4 seed Iowa State, 5 p.m. on ESPN
As of Tuesday, all-session tickets ($195 for upper level and $330 for lower) were sold out. But check the Sprint Center box office, or online at AXS.com to see if others become available.
Other options? Fans of losing teams often sell their remaining tickets as they leave the building. Or look for tickets on one of many secondary market websites, like StubHub, SeatGeek, Tickets for Less, or do a web search to find another ticket reseller.
Fan Fest street closures
Several downtown Kansas City streets will be closed for the Big 12 Fan Fest on Grand Boulevard outside the Sprint Center.
The Fan Fest is a free event that features basketball shooting areas, interactive games, clinics and more. It’s open 3-7 p.m. Wednesday, 2-7 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Next to the Fan Fest inside the Power & Light District’s KC Live area is the Miller Lite Basketball Fan Fest, which runs all day and is free, but guests after 9 a.m. must be 21 or older. This area will show the games on a video screen and host pregame pep rallies and other entertainment.
Here is more detail about the street closures:
▪ Grand Boulevard (between 13th Street and Truman Road): Closed through 6 a.m. Sunday, March 12.
▪ 14th Street (between Main and Walnut streets): Closed through midnight Sunday, March 12.
▪ 14th Street (between Walnut Street and Grand Boulevard): Closed through 6 a.m. Sunday, March 12.
▪ Walnut Street (between 13th Street and Truman Road): Closed through midnight Sunday, March 12.
▪ Truman Road (from Oak Street to Walnut Street, including the Grand Boulevard Bridge) Closed through 6 a.m. Sunday, March 12.
These teams are scheduled to hold pep rallies in the KC Live! block of the Power & Light District across from the Sprint Center. Times and teams are subject to change.
4:10-4:30 p.m.: TCU
4:35-4:55 p.m.: Oklahoma
5-5:20 p.m.: Texas Tech
5:25-5:45 p.m.: Texas
9:40-10 a.m.: Iowa State
10:05-10:25 a.m.: Oklahoma State
10:30-10:50 a.m.: TCU or Oklahoma
10:55-11:15 a.m.: Kansas
4:35-4:55 p.m.: Texas Tech or Texas
5:25-5:45 p.m.: Kansas State
▪ The Big 12 Big Q barbecue contest returns for the fourth year. Barbecue teams representing each of the 10 universities will cook off. The event is free and runs from 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, noon-6 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 2-5 p.m. Saturday.
▪ The College Basketball Experience and National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame adjacent to Sprint Center is offering $2 off regular admission if you show a Big 12 Tournament ticket. The CBE is open from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday.