Local

Kansas City 17-year-old found safe after being reported missing since Thursday

A police car turns on its lights at Patrol South Friday. (Jan. 18, 2013)
A police car turns on its lights at Patrol South Friday. (Jan. 18, 2013) The Wichita Eagle

A Kansas City 17-year-old was found safe Friday afternoon after he was reported missing.

Christian Del Rio had last been seen leaving his home at 52nd Street and North Bristol Avenue around 11 a.m. Thursday, the Kansas City Police Department said in a news release.

Later on Friday, police said he had been found safe.

This story was originally published December 31, 2021 at 10:51 AM.

Related Stories from Kansas City Star
Katie Bernard
The Kansas City Star
Katie Bernard covered Kansas politics and government for the Kansas City Star from 20219-2024. Katie was part of the team that won the Headliner award for political coverage in 2023.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER