The four-day Cerner Health Conference, the city’s third-largest convention this year, will begin Sunday and have sessions at the Sprint Center, the Kansas City Convention Center and the Crowne Plaza and Marriott hotels.
Cerner Corp., a leader in computerized health records, is host for the annual gathering, which will focus on continuity in health care, including the importance of being able to share health records across systems.
Neal Patterson, Cerner’s chairman, CEO and co-founder, will speak Tuesday on the company’s vision for health systems, health care providers and communities.
Some other statistics on the size of the conference:
▪ 14,000: Expected attendance.
▪ $14 million: Expected economic impact for the area.
▪ 700-plus: Number of speakers, up 75 percent from last year.
▪ 600-plus: Event volunteers, contributing more than 3,200 hours.
▪ 100-plus: Community partners and vendors, including 24 hotels.
▪ 90,000: Square feet of gallery space for interactive learning and presentations.