Got big or small trips planned this summer? We want to see your best photos from your adventures in The Star’s 2015 Summer Travel Photo Contest.
Send us your pictures taken during this summer travel season: Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day 2015. There are three categories:
▪ Local (Kansas and Missouri)
You can enter only one photo per category, so send us your absolute best.
A first-place prize of $50 will be awarded in each of the three categories. Winning photos and some runners-up will be published in the paper.
To submit photos, go to Mingle.KansasCity.com and click on Travel, then 2015 Summer Travel Photo Contest. Click “Share your shots” to upload your photo to the contest and our online gallery.
Deadline for entries: 11:59 p.m. Sept. 30.
Other rules and details:
▪ Online submissions only. Photos must be jpeg files that you have taken. (Prints can be scanned and submitted electronically.) No altered or retouched images will be accepted. Cropping and minimal sharpening are allowed.
▪ Recommended sizes for photos are a minimum of 200 dpi but no larger than 5 megabytes.
▪ A caption must be included with each entry that lists the photographer’s name, contact information (phone and email) and where the photo was taken.
▪ This contest is not open to professional photographers. Employees of The Kansas City Star are not eligible to participate. The contest is open to residents of Kansas and Missouri only.