The Royals have announced a schedule of special events before their opening day game, which is against the Chicago White Sox at 3:10 p.m. Monday in Kauffman Stadium.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to the ballpark. Parking lots open at 9 a.m., gates open at 1 p.m. and pregame ceremonies begin shortly after 2 p.m.:
▪ 2:29 p.m.: American League championship rings presented
▪ 2:39 p.m.: 2014 AL pennant raised
Never miss a local story.
▪ 2:43 p.m.: Royals Alumni introduced
▪ 2:48 p.m.: Chicago White Sox introduced
▪ 2:51 p.m.: Royals introduced
▪ 3:03 p.m.: National anthem performed by the Kansas City Symphony
▪ 3:10 p.m.: First pitch
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Kansas City and broadcast on KCSP (610 AM).