Missouri and Kansas officials early Saturday announced several road closings due to recent heavy rains.
The following roadways are not expected to reopen until sometime later Saturday. Some may take longer. Officials caution drivers to use alternate routes and to not attempt to drive through flooded or high water on roadways.
Sections of the following roads in Missouri:
▪ State routes E and 23 in Johnson County.
Never miss a local story.
▪ State routes D and 224 and Lafayette County.
▪ State routes E and B in Platte County
▪ State Route O in Ray County.
▪ State Route H in Buchanan County.
▪ Kansas 68 in the city of Quenemo in Osage County.
▪ Kansas 87 in Marshall County from the K-9 junction south to the village of Vliets.
▪ Kansas 192 in Leavenworth County over Stranger Creek. Also Kansas 192 over Stranger Creek in Easton.
Officials caution drivers to use alternate routes and to not attempt to drive through flooded or high water on roadways.
Donald Bradley: 816-234-4182