To no one’s surprise, Missouri’s office-holding Democrats are lining up solidly behind Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
The Clinton campaign announced Friday members of the Hillary for Missouri Leadership Council, a group of electeds backing the former secretary of state in the March Missouri primary.
They include Gov. Jay Nixon, Sen. Claire McCaskill, U.S. Reps. Emanuel Cleaver and William Clay, as well as a long list of other office-holders. Kansas City Mayor Sly James is also in the group, as is Mike Sanders, Jackson County Executive.
McCaskill backed Barack Obama in 2008. Nixon and Cleaver supported Clinton.
Here are some other names:
• Auditor Nicole Galloway
• Secretary of State Jason Kander
• Senator S. Kiki Curls
• Senator Jason Holsman
• Representative Jeremy LaFaver
• Representative Gail McCann Beatty
• Representative-Elect DaRon McGee
• Representative Bonnaye Mims
• Representative John Rizzo
• Representative Joseph Runions
• Former Gov. Bob Holden
• Former Sen. Jean Carnahan
• Former Secretary of State Robin Carnahan
• Former Reps. Dick Gephardt and Russ Carnahan