The Boston Globe talked with Allen Campbell, who is the personal chef for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and his wife, Gisele Bündchen.
It was an interesting article more for what Brady doesn’t eat than what he does.
1. Nightshade vegetables. Kansas City Star deputy editor/botany enthusiast Chris Fickett notes that the list includes tomatoes, peppers, potatoes and eggplant. Tomatoes are used about once a month, Campbell said, but not more often because “they cause inflammation.”
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. Fungus. That means no mushrooms, of course. No tomatoes, peppers or mushrooms? What does he put on his pizza? Oh, yeah, he probably doesn’t eat pizza because the next thing on the list is …
4. White flour. Sure, there could be whole-wheat pizza crust, but this limits Brady’s takeout options.
5. Iodized salt. Like you and me, Brady’s chef only uses Himalayan pink salt.
6. Fruit. Campbell did concede that Brady will have a banana in a smoothie.
7. Frosted Flakes. In another interview with WEEI, Brady called out Frosted Flakes by name saying, “We believe that Frosted Flakes is a food. You keep eating those things and you keep wondering why we do have just incredible rates of disease in our country.”
8. In that same interview, Brady said, “The fact that they can sell (Coca-Cola) to kids? I mean, that’s poison for kids.”