Sporting KC midfielder Jorge Claros suspended three games for “inappropriate language”
Sporting Kansas City midfielder Jorge Claros was issued a three-game suspension for “inappropriate language,” according to a Major League Soccer disciplinary summary posted Friday.
An hour later, though, Claros’ suspension had been removed from the online summary.
A league spokesperson could not be reached for comment.
Sporting KC coach Peter Vermes said after the club’s 0-0 draw Friday against D.C. United that he was still in the process of gathering information on the potential suspension — and the “inappropriate language” that led to it.
“I’m not privy to everything because the league dealt with it,” Vermes said. “It was a situation where allegedly there were some inappropriate comments. I can’t tell you what they were because, like I said, I’m not privy to that. I’m not going to make a statement about something I don’t know.”
Vermes said he didn’t know when the alleged comments were made either.
Claros was not in Sporting KC’s lineup on Friday, which was listed online as the first game of a three-game ban.
Claros signed with Sporting KC in July. He has appeared in seven league matches, including four starts.
To reach Sam McDowell, call 816-234-4869 or send email to smcdowell@kcstar.com. Follow him on Twitter: @SamMcDowell11.
This story was originally published October 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM with the headline "Sporting KC midfielder Jorge Claros suspended three games for “inappropriate language”."