The Fishing Tournament Trail is published each Tuesday of the fishing season. To report results or upcoming tournaments, call 816-234-4319 or send email to.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 6 to 9:30 Tuesday night. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by the Jacomo Bass Club. When: 6 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ AT HILLSDALE LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Dick’s Wednesday Night Bass Anglers. When: 5:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Takeoff site: Jayhawk Boat Ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 913-238-5313.
▪ AT LONGVIEW LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Longview Buddy Bass. When: 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Takeoff site: Longview Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-805-2605.
▪ AT SMITHVILLE LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Burton’s Bait and Tackle. When: 6 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. Takeoff site: Little Platte boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-532-4659.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Night buddy bass tournament sponsored by the Jacomo Bass Club. When: 8 p.m. Saturday to 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
▪ AT TRUMAN LAKE: Norman J. Herndon Scholarship Fund Crappie Tournament. When: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Sterett Creek Marina. Entry fee: $65 per boat. Up to three people per boat. More information: njhfund.com.
▪ SOL PRO BASSMASTERS: Club bass tournaments Saturday and Sunday at Stockton Lake. Saturday tournament: 1. Willie Candenhead Jr., Blue Springs, 1 bass, 2.96 pounds. 2. Ron Russell, 1 bass, 1.82 pounds. Big bass: Cadenhead, 2.96 pounds. Sunday tournament: 1. Herman Boyd, Kansas City, 3 bass, 5.30 pounds. 2. Mike Carter, Raytown, 1 bass, 1.33 pounds. Big bass: Boyd, 2.02 pounds.
▪ OLATHE BASS CLUB: Club bass tournament Saturday at Truman Lake. 1. Frank Flack, Spring Hill, 2 bass, 5.87 pounds. 2. Jeremy Montgomery, Overland Park, 3 bass, 5.77 pounds. Big bass: Flack, 3.57 pounds.
▪ BURTON’S BAIT AND TACKLE: Buddy bass tournament Thursday evening at Smithville Lake. 1. Tom Alsop and Keth Leftridge, Overland Park, 5 bass, 16.37 pounds, $290. 2. Greg and Blake Proffitt, Kansas City, 5 bass, 16.34 pounds, $230. Big bass: Pat Kissinger and Rusty Himmelwright, Smithville, 6.52 pounds, $130.
▪ JACOMO BASS CLUB: Buddy bass tournament Wednesday evening at Lake Jacomo. 1. Glen Batson, Lee’s Summit, and Joe Almohtadi, Blue Springs, 4 bass, 14.30 pounds, $270. 2. Walt Hammon, Lee’s Summit, and Dan Laboube, Lake Winnebago, 4 bass, 11.15 pounds, $170. Big bass: Batson, 4.95 pounds, $85.
▪ LONGVIEW BUDDY BASS: Wednesday evening at Longview Lake. 1. Chip Jarrett, Lee’s Summit, and Pat Harlan, Pleasant Hill, 3 bass, 7.19 pounds, $180. 2. Jim McCorkle, Raytown, and Jim Rice, Blue Springs, 2 bass, 5.67 pounds, $100. Big bass: McCorkle and Rice, 3.83 pounds, $80.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: July 14 at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Jeff Davis, Blue Springs, fishing alone, 2 bass, 8.23 pounds, $460. 2. Ethin Stokes and Bryce Pinnell, Lee’s Summit, 4 bass, 7.36 pounds, $280. Big bass: Davis, 5.77 pounds, $160.
▪ SHRINERS BIG BASS TOURNAMENT: Big-bass tournament July 11 at Smithville Lake. 1. Todd Knaack, Lawson, and Greg Proffitt, Kansas City, 5.71 pounds, $1,000. 2. Rick and Brock Reinkenmyer, Lone Jack, 5.22 pounds, $300.
To reach outdoors editor Brent Frazee, call 816-234-4319 or semail to email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter@fishboybrent.