The Star’s high school basketball rankings are voted on by the high school staff. The big-class division is made up of Missouri Class 5 and 4, as well as Kansas Class 6A and 5A. All other classes are in the small class.
(Records through Wednesday games)
1. Lee’s Summit: 20-0. Blake Spellman scored 37 points in a double-overtime win against Blue Springs South last Friday.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
2. Lawrence: 14-1. Senior Justin Roberts returned Tuesday from a separated shoulder injury and scored 17 points.
3. Liberty North: 17-3. With three wins in six days, the Eagles completed the first half of their Suburban White Conference schedule without a loss.
4. Blue Valley Northwest: 12-3. The Huskies are heating up from behind the three-point line, with 12 three-pointers in the last two games.
5. Shawnee Mission North: 11-4. The Indians topped a pair of ranked Sunflower League foes in Olathe East and Lawrence Free State.
6. Olathe East: 12-3. The Hawks trailed by double digits in the first quarter in last Friday’s loss to Shawnee Mission North.
7. Lee’s Summit West: 16-4. The Titans allowed only 53 points per game over a six-game winning streak before giving up 82 in Tuesday’s loss to Lee’s Summit.
8. Raytown: 16-4. The Blue Jays fell to second place in the Suburban White Conference standings after last Friday’s loss to Liberty North.
9. Lawrence Free State: 11-3. Hunter Gudde score a game-high 26 points, but the Firebirds fell to Shawnee Mission North on Tuesday.
10. Blue Valley: 11-4. The Tigers recovered from back-to-back losses with a victory against Blue Valley Southwest on Tuesday.
1. Bonner Springs: 14-1. The Braves take over the top spot after topping Basehor-Linwood last Friday to avenge their only loss.
2. Barstow: 17-3. The Knights put up 41 points in the first quarter of last Friday’s win against Heritage Christian.
3. Basehor-Linwood: 13-2. The Bobcats suffered their first Kaw Valley League loss at the hands of Bonner Springs last Friday.
4. O’Hara: 19-4. Dezmond McDaniel has scored 20-plus points in three straight games.
5. Hogan Prep: 18-4. East halted Hogan Prep’s six-game winning streak with a 56-53 decision Wednesday.
1. Olathe South: 14-0. Kacey Kennett dropped 33 points in the Falcons’ victory against Leavenworth last Friday.
2. Shawnee Mission Northwest: 13-2. Brenni Rose helped the Cougars escape with a four-point victory last Friday, when she scored 17 points.
3. Liberty: 17-3. The Blue Jays allowed only one second-half field goal during a 67-27 win Monday against Park Hill South.
4. North Kansas City: 18-2. Maya Brewer has scored in double figures in six straight games.
5. Olathe East: 13-2. The Hawks shot 80 percent from the free-throw line in a pair of victories over the last week.
6. Leavenworth: 11-4. The Pioneers cannot figure out Olathe South, which accounts for three of their four losses.
7. St. Thomas Aquinas: 12-3. Three Saints players finished in double figures in their victory against Blue Valley Northwest last Friday.
8. St. Teresa’s Academy: 16-4. Eleanor Lueke made five three-pointers in Tuesday’s win against Platte County.
9. William Chrisman: 17-4. Adreon Bell scored 22 points on Monday to help Chrisman avenge last month’s loss to Staley.
10. Lawrence Free State: 11-4. The Firebirds rebounded from a close loss to SM Northwest with a victory on Tuesday.
1. Bishop Miege: 14-0. Nine players scored for the Stags in their victory against Blue Valley West last Friday.
2. Piper: 15-1. The Pirates held each of their last two opponents to 25 or fewer points.
3. St. Pius X: 17-3. The Warriors bounced back from a two-game skid to defeat Center on Monday.
4. Paola: 13-2. The Panthers dropped their first Frontier League game, but remain in first place with an 11-1 record.
5. Richmond: 20-2. The Spartans’ defense has held four straight opponents under 30 points.