Petition for protection order against ex-MU player Zach Price is dismissed
An order of protection petition filed by former Missouri guard Earnest Ross against once-teammate Zach Price has been dismissed, the Boone County Circuit Clerk’s office confirmed Wednesday.
Ross did not show up for court Wednesday morning, prompting the dismissal. He sought the order of protection on April 2 after alleging that Price had been stalking him and “caused or attempted to cause me physical harm.”
Ross alleged that Price, a transfer from Louisville who was kicked off the team April 10 by Tigers coach Frank Haith, rammed his car twice April 2 near Rock Bridge Elementary in Columbia.
Price was arrested the afternoon of April 3 on second-degree domestic assault and second-degree assault charges for allegedly ramming a car. He also had been arrested during the early-morning hours April 3 on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault and third-degree assault after allegedly punching a 23-year-old male roommate and shoving a 23-year-old woman who tried to intervene.
Price posted a total of $10,500 bond and prosecutors are reviewing whether to file charges. Police said the victims were the same in both cases.
Ross indicated that he and Price had never resided together on the application for an order of protection. He said he and Price “were good friends” before the incident.
Price, a 6-foot-10 forward, sat out last season after averaging 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds when Louisville won the NCAA championship in 2012-13.
Ross, who is on track to graduate in May with a degree in sports venue management, averaged 14.0 points and 6.0 rebounds last season and led Missouri with 169 defensive rebounds and 46 steals.
This story was originally published April 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM with the headline "Petition for protection order against ex-MU player Zach Price is dismissed."