Emporia State stayed undefeated on the season thanks to a late 14-yard touchdown pass from Brent Wilson to Kavaski Ervin for a 46-42 home win over Pittsburg State.
The Hornets improved to 6-0 on the season. Emporias State and Northwest Missouri are is tied for first place in the MIAA.
Wilson threw for 336 yards and four scores, while rushing for 108 yards and another touchdown.
Pittsburg State got 299 passing yards and three touchdowns from John Roderique, who also threw four interceptions.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The Gorillas dropped to 4-2 on the season.
Other Division II highlights
▪ Central Missouri took care of the football and came away with a 38-28 victory at Washburn. Garrett Fugate threw for 295 yards and a touchdown for the Mules. Jaylen Zachary had 107 receiving yards for Central Missouri. The Mules rushed for 230 yards. Washburn quarterback Derek McGinnis threw for three touchdowns. Bryce Chavis caught eight passes for 81 yards for the Ichabods.
▪ William Jewell tied the game early in the fourth quarter. The Cardinals saved the best for last. Kicker Brandon Womack drilled a 28-yard field goal on the final play of the game, propelling William Jewell to a 24-21 win, its second consecutive victory. Quarterback Nick West threw for 285 yards and a touchdown, along with two interceptions, for the Cardinals. Nate Egharevba caught five passes for 98 yards and a touchdown for William Jewell.
▪ It was all Northwest Missouri all the time on Saturday as the Bearcats rolled to a 69-0 home victory over Lindenwood. Brady Bolles threw for 240 yards and a touchdown for the Bearcats, and Shawn Bane led the receivers with six catches for 107 yards. The Bearcats defense allowed just 76 yards and six first downs.
▪ Missouri Western held off Fort Hays State in the fourth quarter and came away with a 26-21 home victory. Raphael Spencer paced the Griffons with 160 rushing yards and a touchdown. T.J. LaFaver threw for 163 yards and two scores for Missouri Western. Fort Hays State got 366 total yards and two touchdowns from quarterback Treveon Albert. Shaquill Cooper rushed for 114 yards and a score for the Tigers.
▪ Truman State jumped to a 17-point lead and held on for a 24-13 home victory over Southwest Baptist. Felix Neboh had 115 receiving yards, and Truman quarterback Nick Schroeder threw for 274 yards and a score. Southwest Baptist got 125 rushing yards from Bubba Jenkins.
▪ Lincoln was close for a quarter, but St. Joseph’s (Ind.) pulled away for a 42-14 home win. Lincoln quarterback Owen Jordan threw for 259 yards and a touchdown, but he also had three interceptions.
▪ Missouri S&T rolled to a 63-0 win over College of Faith in an exhibition game at Missouri S&T. The Miners rushed for 290 yards and only attempted four passes. The Miners’ Cardell Miller, who played in high school at O’Hara, had two interceptions.
▪ Benedictine dominated on both sides of the ball in 59-6 home win over Culver-Stockton. The Benedictine defense allowed just 190 yards. Quarterback Jacob Koester threw for 310 yards and three TDs for Benedictine, while Christian Haack had 109 receiving yards on four catches.
▪ Ottawa spread out the wealth in a 58-0 victory at McPherson. Three running backs, Michael Francis (99 yards, one touchdown), TJ Cobb (96 yards, one TD) and Tanner Staats (94 yards, two TDs) all had big games for the Braves.