▪ AT NO. 3 NORTHWEST MISSOURI 23, CENTRAL OKLAHOMA 16: The Bearcats held on for a hard-fought win. The defense allowed just 266 yards in the game, and Northwest blocked a punt for a touchdown. Simon Mathieson connected on three of four field-goal attempts.
▪ CENTRAL MISSOURI 38, AT NEBRASKA-KEARNEY 7: Central Missouri trailed after the first quarter but dominated from there. Markel Smith ran for 105 yards and a score for the Mules, and Garrett Fugate threw for 246 yards and three scores.
▪ AT WASHBURN 27, MISSOURI SOUTHERN 21: Washburn scored two TDs in the final 3:44 for the win. Chad Williams caught a 5-yard scoring pass from Derek McGinnis with 1:16 left to take the lead. Brandon Bourbon ran for 96 yards. McGinnis threw for 298 yards and three TDs, but had three interceptions. Missouri Southern got 99 receiving yards from Michael Nelson.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
NO. 15 PITTSBURG STATE 31, AT FORT HAYS STATE 24: Pittsburg State mounted two fourth quarter drives ending in touchdowns in overcoming a 24-17 deficit. Gorillas QB John Roderique scrambled for both scores.
▪ AT EMPORIA STATE 55, NORTHEASTERN STATE (OKLA.) 14: Emporia State’s Brent Wilson threw for 285 yards and five TDs on just 12 completions. Morris Williams caught four passes for 147 yards and two scores. Landon Nault ran for 88 yards and a score.
▪ AT MISSOURI WESTERN 34, LINDENWOOD 14: Missouri Western pulled away in the second half. Raphael Spencer ran for 120 yards and a touchdown. T.J. Faver passed for 279 yards and a score. DiJuan Ussery paced the receiving corps with 151 yards and a score on five catches.
▪ AT SOUTHWEST BAPTIST 56, QUINCY (ILL.) 23: Southwest Baptist ran over, around and through Quincy in the win. The team finished with 462 yards on the ground. Bubba Jenkins had 258 of those yards, and five touchdowns, on 29 carries for Southwest Baptist.
▪ TRUMAN STATE 31, AT LINCOLN 14: Truman State picked up its first win of the season. Devonte Black ran for 79 yards with two TDs for Truman. Andy Satulla rushed for 89 yards. Receiver Darius Hicks led Lincoln with seven receptions for 123 yards.
▪ AT MISSOURI S&T 39, SAINT JOSEPH’S (IND.) 27: Lamar Wilkes threw for 354 yards and three touchdowns for the Miners in the victory.
▪ AT BENEDICTINE 35, NO. 3 BAKER 31: Benedictine forced five turnovers. Despite all of those extra possessions, the offense needed to put together one final drive for the upset. The offense was up to the task. Diego Rodriguez got into the end zone from 1 yard out. The final drive covered 84 yards in eight plays.
Baker QB Nick Marra threw for 330 yards and three TDs — but also four interceptions, one of which was returned 92 yards for a touchdown. Adonis Powell ran for 192 yards and a touchdown for Baker.
For Benedictine, quarterback Jacob Koester threw for 278 yards and two scores. Christian Haack caught nine passes for 132 yards and two scores.
▪ AT AVILA 60, CULVER-STOCKTON 20: Avila’s offense woke up with 606 yards of offense and the Eagles won for the first time this season. Alyn Jackson ran for 163 yards and two scores. Calvin Jacobson threw for 285 yards and four TDs.
▪ OTTAWA 41, AT BETHANY 17: Ottawa QB Tim Morovic scrambled his way to four rushing TDs.
▪ AT GRAND VIEW (IOWA) 40, NO. 22 MISSOURI VALLEY 14: Missouri Valley fell into a big hole and couldn’t dig its way out. Missouri Valley’s Elliott Hawkins ran for 101 yards. The Vikings managed just 283 yards of offense.
▪ AT NO. 25 PERU STATE (NEB.) 24, NO. 18 MIDAMERICA NAZARENE 20: Peru State scored the final 24 points to log the victory. Quarterback Trent Hedlund threw for 262 yards for the Pioneers. Wesley Foryoh had 87 receiving yards and a touchdown.
▪ MCKENDREE (ILL.) 41, AT WILLIAM JEWELL 23: William Jewell allowed all 41 points in the first half. The Cardinals’ Nick West threw for 306 yards and a TD. Trejuan Mask ran for 100 yards and a score.
▪ AT NO. 20 TABOR 52, SAINT MARY 25: Saint Mary’s Drew Cortez threw for 337 yards and a TD, but he was picked off three times.