WIN for KC announced award winners for their Feb. 12 celebration luncheon at the Sheraton Crown Center.
Amy Van Dyken-Rouen, who has won six Olympic gold medals as a swimmer, will be the event’s keynote speaker. Van Dyken-Rouen suffered a spinal-cord injury in a June 6 ATV accident that paralyzed her from the waist down, but she has regained the ability to walk using assistance.
Here are the 2015 WIN for KC award winners:
▪ Sprint Teamwork Award: Louisburg High School girls’ soccer fund-raising committee, instrumental in starting the sport at Louisburg High.
▪ Lockton Companies Resiliency Award: Mindy Corporon, who created the FAITH WINS foundation in honor of her son and father lost in the Jewish Community Center shooting in April.
▪ Hallmark Cards Leadership Award: Tracey Davies, former U.S. national-team rugby player who has founded multiple rugby clubs and helped coach various teams in the region.
▪ UMB Senior Sportswoman Award: Caroline Helmkamp, a retired Kansas City teacher and cycling enthusiast who teaches children bike safety and has helped provide more than 400 bikes to those who couldn’t afford them.
▪ HCA Midwest Health Youth Sports Girls Award: Mariah Peters, the 2014 Missouri Class 2 golf champion who helped lead Blue Springs to its first team championship.
▪ BKD WOW Award: Robin Sterneck, who served as interim director of WIN for KC and has served on the group’s board and as its chair.