Good teams feast on the weak. The Royals are a good team. The Brewers are the weak. Kansas City took care of a business during a two-game sweep at Miller Park. Now they play host to the Brewers for two more at Kauffman Stadium.
Even with a spot starter and their fifth starter on the mound, the matchups favor the Royals. The team has expanded their lead in the American League Central to 3.5 games. They can pad their lead this week with two games against the Brewers and then three against the Red Sox this weekend.
Here are the matchups for this two-game series:
Wednesday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP Joe Blanton (0-0, 1.80 ERA) vs. RHP Mike Fiers (3-6, 4.04 ERA).
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Thursday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP Jeremy Guthrie (4-4, 5.79 ERA) vs. RHP Jimmy Nelson (3-7, 4.60 ERA).
FROM THE STAR
1. Chris Young did it all on Tuesday night.
2. Blair Kerkhoff talked to Art Stewart about the Cardinals hacking scandal.
3. Joe Blanton tonight will make his first start since 2013.
4. Jason Vargas played catch.
5. Here is a transcript of Tuesday’s chat.
THE ROYALS’ PLAYOFF PERCENTAGE (ACCORDING TO BASEBALL PROSPECTUS)
HERE IS SOME ROCK MUSIC
"Grass" by The Black Ryder.