National

Man committed ‘horrific’ sex acts against 3 young relatives, Illinois officials say

He was found guilty of predatory criminal sexual assault, officials say.
He was found guilty of predatory criminal sexual assault, officials say. Getty Images/iStockphoto

A man will spend the rest of his life in prison following a series of “horrific” sex acts he was accused of committing on his young relatives, Illinois officials say.

Brian Hulsey, of Oswego, was found guilty of six counts of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, according to a Feb. 10 news release from Kendall County State’s Attorney Eric Weis.

Officials said Hulsey will be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

The investigation began in 2021, when three victims — all relatives of Hulsey — came forward detailing “multiple horrific sexual acts upon each of them,” prosecutors said.

Each victim was younger than 13 when the assaults occurred, with the youngest being 7, according to Weis.

During the three-day trial, the victims recalled the abuse they said occurred in the Oswego home, the state’s attorney said. Officials noted the “courage” of the victims, who they said allowed for justice to be served by facing their abuser.

Weis said Hulsey “showed no emotion” as his guilty verdicts were read. His family members, meanwhile, “were overcome with emotion.”

“Based on these horrific acts, the defendant deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison,” Weis said.

Oswego is about a 45-mile drive southwest from Chicago.

Read Next
Read Next
Read Next
MS
Mike Stunson
Lexington Herald-Leader
Mike Stunson covers real-time news for McClatchy. He is a 2011 Western Kentucky University graduate who has previously worked at the Paducah Sun and Madisonville Messenger as a sports reporter and the Lexington Herald-Leader as a breaking news reporter. 
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER