Two shot and killed as accused attackers abduct two kids from home, Michigan cops say
As police looked for answers about two people found shot to death in a home, they learned that two children had been abducted, Michigan police said.
An hourslong search on New Year’s Day after the bodies were discovered led to the arrest of three people in Northfield Township, police said in a Jan. 2 Facebook post.
The two children were recovered and taken to the hospital.
The incident started with a child custody issue when a child was removed from someone’s care and taken to the home, officials told WDIV. The children are 4 and 7 years old, the outlet reported.
A third person was also found with gunshot wounds inside the home, Northfield Township police said. They were hospitalized and are in critical condition, officials said.
Police did not identify the victims because family members had not yet been notified. The three suspects also were not identified.
The three suspects are being held in jail while the Washtenaw County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office reviews the details of the shooting and abduction, police said.
Officials said the investigation is ongoing.
Northfield Township is about a 10-mile drive north from Ann Arbor.