“It could affect his eyes and partial movement," Goodridge told CentralMaine.com. “He’s doing a little better. He’s going to make it; so far everything is good.”

Goodridge said he didn't "really know the facts of how it all went down,” but that he has been told the shooting was an accident.

After he was shot in Skowhegan, Charlie was flown by a LifeFlight helicopter to Bangor, according to the Daily News.

Skowhegan police told WGME in Portland they are working with state police to figure out what led to the shooting and if charges are warranted. They've collected the BB gun as evidence, the TV station reported.

No arrests have been made or charges filed. The shooter has been identified by local media as Charlie's friend, William McCarty, 20.

McCarty called 911 Sunday afternoon after he allegedly shot Charlie, the Daily News reported.

"I'm not sure why anyone would point a pellet gun at another individual, playing or not,” Skowhegan chief of police David Bucknam told WGME.

“It's just common sense wise, it just doesn't make sense but there's always a reason and it's our job to find out what that reason is, and when we do we'll assess it at that point."

Doctors were able to remove Charlie from a ventilator Monday afternoon and he's now breathing on his own, his mom told the Daily News.