As the family home was engulfed in fire Sunday in San Antonio, firefighters scrambled to save the Christmas presents that were inside.
Battalion Chief Tony Rodriguez told the San Antonio Express-News that several people were evacuated from the home after a gas can tipped over near a water heat and ignited.
Resident Rosa De La Cruz, 66, was thrilled by how the department saved her family’s Christmas.
"What they did was remarkable," De La Cruz told the San Antonio Express-News. "They need to be commended."