Fired employee is charged with calling in bomb threats at Ameristar hotel
Clay County prosecutors accuse a 27-year-old Kansas City man who had been fired by the Ameristar hotel with falsely reporting that a bomb had been placed there.
Ricardo E. Lewis is charged with one count of making a false report of a bomb at the hotel at 3200 N. Ameristar Drive in Kansas City, North.
Lewis allegedly called 911 twice Monday to report there was a bomb at the hotel. The hotel was evacuated and a dog was brought in to search the premises. No bomb was found.
Witnesses told police that Lewis had been fired earlier in the day and that he became angry and had to be escorted from the property by security, according to court documents.
Witnesses told police that Lewis’ phone records match the telephone number that made the calls to 911.
Police arrested Lewis on Wednesday. He reportedly confessed to making the two bomb threat calls.
Bond was set at $10,000. He has been ordered not to have contact with the Ameristar hotel and casino.
Robert A. Cronkleton: 816-234-4261, @cronkb
This story was originally published December 10, 2015 at 6:58 PM with the headline "Fired employee is charged with calling in bomb threats at Ameristar hotel."