Kansas City, in partnership with Kansas City Power & Light, has installed electric vehicle charging stations at six downtown, city-owned parking garages.
Each site has three to six stations. Each station can charge two vehicles at a time. It will take about four to six hours to fully charge a vehicle from 25 percent battery capacity.
The stations are in the following places:
▪ J.E. Dunn parking garage, 1001 Locust St.
▪ Wolf parking garage, 1120 Oak St.
▪ Cosentino’s parking garage, 1220 Walnut St.
▪ Hilton President Kansas City hotel parking garage, 1398 Main St.
▪ KC Live parking garage, 151 E. 13th St.
▪ 300 Wyandotte parking garage.
The city plans to install additional charging stations at select Parks and Recreation community centers, including Loose Park, the Kansas City Zoo, Starlight Theatre, the Health Department parking lots, the Arts District and the Municipal Auditorium Plaza parking garages.