Two families were displaced by a duplex fire in Olathe Monday afternoon that caused an estimated $200,000 damage.
No one was home at the time and there were no injuries. The fire was reported about 4:40 p.m. at 1418 E. Haven Lane. Fire investigators said the blaze was an electrical accident that started in a downstairs bedroom.
Both sides of the duplex were left uninhabitable. Seven people were displaced and were being helped by the American Red Cross.
| Matt Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star