Shia LaBeouf says he’s ‘retiring’ from public life
The train wreck that is Shia LaBeouf announced on Twitter Friday that he is “retiring from all public life.” Good for him, if it’s true.
But who knows what to believe from the beleaguered actor anymore.
Last month he apologized for plagiarizing his short-film directorial debut, “HowardCantour.com,” from a comic by artist Daniel Clowes.
He apologized on Twitter ... and “borrowed” those apologies from other sources, too.
Then he hired a skywriting plane to spell out “I Am Sorry Daniel Clowes“ over L.A. – when Clowes lives in the San Francisco area.
On Wednesday Shia posted to Twitter a cease-and-desist order from Clowes’ lawyers. The order was sent to Shia’s lawyers with this warning: “Your client is seriously out of control.”
“In light of the recent attacks against my artistic integrity, I am retiring from all public life,” Shia wrote on Twitter Friday.
He added: “My love goes out to those who have supported me," and wrote, “#stopcreating.”
#Whatever.
This story was originally published January 10, 2014 at 12:45 PM with the headline "Shia LaBeouf says he’s ‘retiring’ from public life."