Local

83-year-old man who was reported missing from Kansas City Tuesday is found safe

Kansas City police were asking the public for help  to find Wesley Staley, 83, who was reported missing from the area of 66th and Locust.
Kansas City police were asking the public for help to find Wesley Staley, 83, who was reported missing from the area of 66th and Locust. Kansas City Police Department

Update: Police said late Tuesday that Wesley Staley was found safe.

Kansas City police were asking the public for help on Tuesday to locate an 83-year-old man who was reported missing from the Oak Meyer Gardens neighborhood.

Wesley Staley was last seen around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday leaving the area of 66th Terrace and Locust Street, according to police. He was driving a red Hyundai Sonata and was supposed to be headed for Topeka, police said.

Police said Staley is in need of medical care.

Staley is described as a white man, roughly 6 feet, 3 inches and 220 pounds. He was wearing a brown T-shirt and green pants.

Police were asking anyone who locates Staley to call 911.

This story was originally published July 18, 2023 at 6:02 PM.

Bill Lukitsch
The Kansas City Star
Bill Lukitsch covered nighttime breaking news for The Kansas City Star since 2021, focusing on crime, courts and police accountability. Lukitsch previously reported on politics and government for The Quad-City Times.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER