One person was electrocuted while working at a job site in Prairie Village Tuesday afternoon, police said in a news release.
According to Prairie Village police, officers were called just before 1:30 p.m. to the 7900 block of State Line Road in reference to a medical emergency.
Police found 48-year-old Michael T. Young dead at the scene.
Police said Young appeared to have died from an accidental electrocution.
In an email to the The Star, police said Young was a painting contractor.
The investigation was ongoing. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was notified, police added.