Local

Dog dies after alerting family to fire in south Kansas City house

The barks from a family dog woke a couple when their south Kansas City house caught fire early Tuesday. The couple escaped through a window, but the dog was unable to make it out.
The barks from a family dog woke a couple when their south Kansas City house caught fire early Tuesday. The couple escaped through a window, but the dog was unable to make it out. The Star

A family dog’s barking woke a south Kansas City couple early Tuesday, alerting them that their house was engulfed in flames.

The couple escaped through a bedroom window. The dog, however, perished, according to media reports.

The fire was reported about 3 a.m. in the 7800 block of Longview Road.

A firefighter battling the fire was burned on the neck and was treated for his injuries.

Robert A. Cronkleton: 816-234-4261, @cronkb

  Comments