A fire that caused significant damage to a Lee’s Summit house on Sunday is believed to have been caused by a failure in the electrical system that entered the house from the meter.
The Lee’s Summit Fire Department said the fire was detected about noon by the occupant when she returned home and by a Kansas City Power & Light Co. lineman who also called 911. The home is at 305 N.W. O’Brien Road.
Officials said the fire started on the outside wall of the house below the electric service meter and spread upward to the eave and through the attic.
Two dogs inside the house were rescued by firefighters.