Here are area restaurants and grocery stores with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at email@example.com. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
▪ Vive Latino, 7777 Quivira Road, Lenexa, had 11 priority violations during an April 28 routine inspection.
▪ China Garden, 5860 Antioch Road, Merriam, had 9 priority violations during a May 5 follow-up inspection.
▪ Hy-Vee, 13550 W. 63rd St., Shawnee, had 9 priority violations during a May 4 follow-up inspection.
▪ Sun Fresh, 241 S. 18th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 9 priority violations during a May 3 licensing inspection.
▪ Woodyard Bar-B-Que, 3001 Merriam Lane, Kansas City, Kan., had 8 priority violations during a May 3 follow-up inspection.
▪ Bravo Cucina, 5005 W. 117th St., Leawood, had 7 priority violations during a May 4 inspection following a complaint.
▪ d’Bronx Deli & Pizzeria, 7070 W. 105th St., Overland Park, had 7 priority violations during a May 5 routine inspection.
▪ T-Rex Cafe, Legends Outlets Kansas City, 1847 Village West Parkway, Suite K-125, Kansas City, Kan., had 7 priority violations during a May 9 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited this operation:
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.