What are the most common restaurant violations in Kansas?
Here are Kansas City area restaurants and grocery stores with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available).
▪ Ignite Wood Fire Grill, 8721 Ryckert St., Lenexa, had 11 priority violations during a May 28 routine inspection.
▪ The Boardroom, 8725 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, had 10 priority violations during a May 28 follow-up inspection.
▪ Pine & Bamboo Garden, 10915 W. 63rd St., Shawnee, had nine priority violations during a May 29 routine inspection.
▪ Hilton Garden Inn, 520 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kansas, had eight priority violations during a May 30 follow-up inspection.
▪Lutfi’s (under Dgam Foods), 13225 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Shawnee, had eight priority violations during a May 30 first operational inspection after licensing.
▪ Wolf Creek, 18695 Lackman Road, Olathe, had seven priority violations during a May 28 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results.