Here are area restaurants and grocery stores with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to the original public record reports by city or county health inspectors and the Kansas Department of Agriculture. Links to follow-up inspections are also highlighted.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at email@example.com. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
In addition, if a restaurant is temporarily shut down, a comment from the owner will be requested and a more complete description will be included with the online report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations.
▪ El Pulgarcito, 5921 Merriam Drive, Merriam, had 10 priority violations during a May 22 inspection for an expired license.
▪ In and Out Food Mart, 5940 Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, Kan., had 10 priority violations during a May 26 inspection for an expired license.
▪ Wal-Mart, 12801 Kansas Ave., Bonner Springs, had 9 priority violations during a May 19 routine inspection.
▪ Papa Poleon’s BBQ and More, 6519 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan., had 7 priority violations during a May 21 inspection for an expired license.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit: http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for seven or more critical health code violations:
▪ Green Duck Grill, 2548 Prospect Ave., had 12 critical violations during an April 30 routine inspection. It had 7 critical violations during a May 4 follow-up inspection, 5 critical violations during a May 8 follow-up inspection and no critical violations during a May 12 follow-up inspection.
▪ Tanner’s Bar & Grill, Waldo, 7425 Broadway, had 8 critical violations during an April 29 routine inspection. It had 6 critical violations during a May 8 follow-up inspection and no critical violations during a May 14 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and then search under the establishment’s name.
To reach Joyce Smith, call 816-234-4692 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter at JoyceKC