Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available).
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
▪ Price Chopper, 7201 W. 151st St., Overland Park, had 12 priority violations during a Nov. 7 follow-up inspection.
▪ Village Inn, 5800 Broadmoor St., Mission, had nine priority violations during a Nov. 7 routine inspection.
▪ KC Grill ’N Kabob, 8611 Hauser Court, Lenexa, had eight priority violations during a Nov. 8 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for 7 or more critical health code violations:
▪ El Paso del Norte, restaurant and deli, 3430 Independence Ave., had 12 critical violations during a Nov. 6 routine inspection.
▪ Neighborhood Cafe, 7531 Wornall Road, had nine critical violations during an Oct. 30 routine inspection. It had one critical violation during a Nov. 5 follow-up inspection and no critical violations during a Nov. 13 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas City-area reports, visit www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.