Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available).
▪ Price Chopper, 22210 W. 66th St., Shawnee, had 24 priority violations during an Oct. 24 standardization inspection.
▪ Bo Lings Chinese Restaurant, 9576 Quivira Road, Lenexa, had 16 priority violations during an Oct. 24 routine inspection.
▪ Houlihan’s, 2820 W. 53rd St., Fairway, had 14 priority violations during an Oct. 30 routine inspection.
▪ Paleterias Tropicana, 151 S. 18th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 14 priority violations during an Oct. 31 routine inspection.
▪ Dos Reales Authentic Mexican Restaurant, 8841 W. 75th St., Overland Park, had 10 priority violations during an Oct. 29 follow-up inspection.
▪ Danny’s Bar & Grill, 10940 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan., had nine priority violations during a Nov. 6 follow-up inspection.
▪ Fuddruckers, 1705 Village West Parkway, Kansas City, Kan., had eight priority violations during an Oct. 30 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results