How to carve a turkey
We’re compiling a list of area restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner (call for reservations), as well as operations offering Thanksgiving dinners to take home.
We’ll be updating this list, so send information in this format (restaurant name, address, menu items, hours, cost, contact info) to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line: Thanksgiving Dinner. Check with restaurants for the latest updates.
▪ Affäre, 1911 Main St.: The four-course menu will include bisque with Maryland crab cake, a main course choice of turkey, prime rib or salmon, sides and pumpkin pie with ice cream.
Hours: Noon to 9 p.m. Nov. 22
Cost: $54 per person for the four-course dinner. A la carte pricing also will be available, and it will have its children’s menu.
▪ Black Dirt, 5070 Main St, South Plaza: Four-course menu. First course is a choice of apple pecan salad or Missouri Caesar salad; second course is a choice of three different house-made pastas; and the main course is a choice of free range turkey with stuffing and gravy, Barham Family Farm beef short rib dinner, or a polenta souffle. For dessert, pecan pie or fresh pumpkin pie, both served with house-made corn ice cream. Wine pairing available.
Hours: 2 to 8 p.m. Nov. 22. Bar Menu available 2 to 10 p.m. (happy hour specials will be honored) on Nov. 22. Starting at 5 p.m. Black Dirt will have hot drinks and cookies available for those walking to the Plaza Lighting ceremony.
Cost: The four-course dinner is $55 per person, with wine pairing $20 per person.
Black Dirt will be open for Black Friday Brunch at 10 a.m. on Nov. 23.
▪88 at The Elms, 401 Regent St., Excelsior Springs: Thanksgiving buffet, including a turkey carving station, roast top sirloin with au jus, and orange marmalade glazed ham, along with soups, salads, sides and seven desserts including a made-to-order Bananas Foster station.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 22
Cost: Adults $35; seniors $28; children ages 5 to 12, $18; children ages 4 and under eat for free.
▪ Hereford House, Town Center Plaza, 5001 Town Center Drive, Leawood: Full buffet featuring carved turkey and prime rib with traditional starters, salads, sides and desserts.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 22
Cost: Adults, $29.95; children ages 4 to 12, $14.95; children ages 4 and under eat for free. Taxes and 18 percent tip included.
▪ Parker at The Fontaine, 901 W. 48th Place: Seven courses with entree choices such as Turkey Ballotine, short rib pot roast terrine, pan-roasted Rainbow trout, and Lost Bread (griddled brioche custard, black walnut-kale pesto, roasted winter squash, pomegranate and thyme).
Hours: 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 22
Cost: $75 per person
▪ The Savoy, 21c Museum Hotel Kansas City, 219 W. Ninth St.: Three-course menu includes the option of a Diestel Family Ranch turkey entree (sage and brown butter brined), along with three other entree choices. Each table will receive family-style sides including herbed stuffing, Brussels sprouts, carrots, whipped potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce.
Cost: $48 to $65 per person
Hours: Noon to 7 p.m. Nov. 22
▪ Silo Modern Farmhouse, 17501 W. 87th St., Lenexa: Buffet featuring slow-roasted prime rib, turkey breast, and pork porchetta carving stations, along with stuffing, salads, mac-and-cheese and other side dishes, house-made pies and other desserts.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 22.
Cost: Adults, $32.95; children ages 5 to 13, $17.50; children ages 4 and under eat for free.
▪ Stroud’s, 8301 W. 135th St., Overland Park, and 4200 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway: Buffet featuring Stroud’s favorites, including pan-fried chicken, livers, gizzards, catfish nuggets and cinnamon rolls. Traditional entrees, sides and desserts also included.
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 22
Cost: Adults, $27.99; children, ages 12 and under, age plus 99 cents.
Contact: Reservations required by calling 913-499-0135 (Overland Park) or 913-262-8500 (Fairway).
▪ , 4835 N.E. Lakewood Way, Lee’s Summit, and Waldo at 520 W. 75th St.: Traditional Thanksgiving fare such as roasted turkey entree ($19.95), honey baked ham entrée ($18.95) and signature Summit Grill dishes including lobster-stuffed salmon ($27.95) and slow-roasted Angus prime rib ($31.95), along with appetizers, soups, salads and pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream.
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 22
Contact: 816-795-1299 for Lee’s Summit, 816-361-9788 for Waldo
The Summit Grill locations will open at 10:30 a.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 23, for brunch service.
▪ Third St. Social, 123 S.E. Third St., Lee’s Summit: Thanksgiving Day feast featuring roasted turkey entree ($19.95), honey baked ham ($18.95) and dishes with a Third St. Social twist like mushroom-stuffed salmon ($27.95), chicken and waffle ($10.95), roasted butternut squash soup ($6.95), salads, shareables as well as pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream and pecan pie.
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 22
Cost: Price varies.
Third St. Social will open at 10:30 a.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 23, for brunch service.
▪The Well Bar Grill Rooftop, 7421 Broadway: Traditional Thanksgiving meal in six stations.
Hours: Noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 22.
Cost: Adults, $24.99; children ages 4 to 11, $14.99; and children ages 3 and under eat for free.
Thanksgiving dinners to-go
▪ The Sundry, 300 E. 39th St., will offer pasture-raised turkeys (it will wet brine, smoke or roast) for $5 a pound for whole turkeys, $9 a pound for turkey breasts. It also is taking orders for its pumpkin gingersnap pie for $28. For more information, call 816-844-7878 or order online at www.thesundry.com.
▪ Zoes Kitchen, five area locations: Holiday family feast including Moroccan citrus-roasted turkey breast, potato salad, Greek-styled green beans and chocolate cake. It will serve 8 to 10 people and the cost is $99.99. It also is offering promotions Black Friday through Cyber Monday.