Here are six things to know:
1. History: Cory Stipp opened Quay Coffee in the River Market in June 2012. The name is in homage to the area once known as River Quay (pronounced key). Stipp is a partner in the museum coffee shop with Dominic Scalise. The space formerly had tables and chairs and vending machines.
2. Coffee: Quay Coffee is a “multi-roaster” so it picks its favorites from small batch roasters across the country, including roasters in Denver, San Diego, Seattle and Tulsa.
3. Menu: Along with coffee drinks it also has tea from North Kansas City’s Hugo Tea Co., Askinosie hot cocoa, breakfast burritos and pastries.
4. Discounts: For museum members.
5. Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday.
6. Customers can park in the museum garage at 4525 Oak St. or in the lot on the northwest corner of 45th Street and Rockhill Road.