Here’s a sampling of area restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner.
Restaurants should send information in this format to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line: Thanksgiving Dinner.
▪ Affäre, Crossroads Arts District, 1911 Main St.: Holiday brunch, à la carte, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Then the restaurant will offer a four-course menu including roasted turkey with a German-style pork, apple and pretzel stuffing, prime rib and Yorkshire pudding for $48 for adults. It also will offer a children’s menu.
For more information, call 816-298-6182.
▪ Bristol Seafood Grill, Power & Light District, 51 E. 14th St.: Thanksgiving buffet featuring turkey and carved prime rib. It also will have its cold bar of assorted shellfish.
Cost: $33 for adults; $17 for children ages 4 to 12; and children ages 3 and younger eat for free.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information or reservations, call 816-448-6007.
▪ Chaz on the Plaza, Country Club Plaza, 325 Ward Parkway: Thanksgiving buffet featuring smoked turkey, prime rib, ham and blue crab-stuffed mahi mahi. First courses, accompaniments and desserts also available.
Cost: $55 for adults, $19.95 for children ages 6 to 12, and children 5 and younger eat for free.
Hours: Noon to 8 p.m.
For more information or reservations, call 816-802-2152.
▪ Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant, 4686 Broadway St.: The menu includes slow-roasted fresh Amish turkey, Mary’s Potatoes, pan gravy, traditional stuffing, house-made cranberry sauce and spiced pumpkin cheesecake pie with fresh vanilla whipped cream. An optional wine flight featuring Cooper’s Hawk varietals — Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine, Riesling, Malbec and Cranberry Fruit — will be available for $13.99.
Cost: $24.99 for adults, $9.99 for children ages 12 and younger.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
For more information and to make reservations, call (816) 531-1500.
▪ Gram & Dun, Country Club Plaza, 600 Ward Parkway: Menu will include Gram & Dun favorites special Thanksgiving plates including a herb-roasted turkey breast, porchetta-style roast pork and favorites from the regular menu.
Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
For more information or reservations, call 816-389-2900.
▪ 810 Zone North Kansas City, Harrah’s North Kansas City Hotel and Casino, 1 Riverboat Drive, North Kansas City: Traditional thanksgiving dinner, limited menu and full bar.
Hours: 11 a.m. to close
For more information, call 816-460-5060
▪ Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse, Country Club Plaza, 222 W. 47th St.: Roasted turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, cranberry relish, and roasted seasonal vegetables, along with its full churrasco menu.
Cost: $48.50 for adults, $24.25 for children ages 7 to 12, and children ages 6 and under eat free.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information or reservations, call 816-931-7700.
▪ Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar, 4184 Roanoke Parkway: Stone crab dinner with a la carte sides including whipped parsnips and red cabbage slaw. All-night happy hour. Debut of holiday drinks including the Escape Plan, Winter Solstice and Westport Fix.
Cost: $18 per claw.
Hours: 4 to 10 p.m.
▪ Newport Grill & Paradise Diner, Prairiefire, 5501 W. 135th St., Overland Park: Thanksgiving buffet featuring roast turkey with all the trimmings, mashed potatoes, dressing, pan gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans, ham, and Newport Grill specialties including smoked salmon, spiced shrimp and ceviche, as well as a salad buffet and dessert buffet.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: is $26.95 for adults, $14.95 children ages 5-10, and children 4 and younger eat for free.
▪ Nick and Jake’s on Main, south of the Country Club Plaza, 5031 Main St.: Thanksgiving buffet featuring turkey, prime rib and ham, classic sides and desserts.
Cost: $28 for adults, $14 for children ages 5 to 12, and $4 for children ages 4 and younger.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information and reservations, call 816-421-1111.
▪ O’Dowd’s Little Dublin, Country Club Plaza, 4742 Pennsylvania Ave.: Traditional turkey dinner, limited menu and full bar. Live music starting at 10 p.m.
Hours: 4 p.m. to close
For more information, call 816-561-2700
▪ Providence New American Kitchen, The President Hotel, 1329 Baltimore Ave.: Serving full dinner menu plus three-course menu including classic roast and sage-brined turkey, sour cream potatoes, porcini stuffing and roasted seasonal vegetables.
Cost: $25 for adults, and $12.50 for children ages 12 and younger.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., later if needed
For more information or reservations, call 816-303-1686.
▪ Stroud’s Overland Park, 8301 W. 135th St.: Thanksgiving buffet with traditional favorites, along with pan-fried chicken and cinnamon rolls.
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: $24.99 for adults, with the cost for children 12 and younger according to their age — $12.99 for 12-year-olds, $10.99 for 10-year-olds, etc.
For more information or reservations, call 913-499-0135
Other restaurants opening on Thanksgiving
▪ Barley’s Brewhaus, three metro-area locations: Limited menu, full bar.
Hours: 6 p.m. to close
11924 West 119th St., Overland Park. For more information, call 913-663-4099.
16649 Midland Drive, Shawnee. For more information, call 913-268-5160.
5031 West 135th St., Leawood. For more information, call 913-322-0135.
▪ Blue Moose Bar & Grill, three metro-area locations: Limited menu, full bar.
Hours: 6 p.m. to close
9100 West 135th St., Overland Park. For more information, call 913-825-1777
4160 West 71st St., Prairie Village. For more information, call 913-722-9463
10064 Woodland Road, Lenexa. For more information, call 913-213-6950
▪ 810 Zone Lee’s Summit, 1672 N.W. Chipman Road: Limited menu, full bar.
Hours: 3:30 p.m. to close
For more information, call 816-994-3323
▪ 75th Street Brewery, 520 West 75th St., Waldo: Limited menu, full bar.
Hours: 6 p.m. to close
For more information, call 816-523-4677
Thanksgiving dinner to-go
▪ Bread & Butter Concepts will offer take orders for a four-course Thanksgiving dinner for pickup at Urban Table, Corinth Square, 8232 Mission Road, Prairie Village, on Thanksgiving morning.
Customers can order online at www.breadnbutterconcepts.com by Nov. 24.
For more information, call 816-214-8607.
▪ The French Market, 6947 Tomahawk Road, Prairie Village, will offer a meal for two: roast turkey breast, sweet potatoes with candied pecans, sage and celery stuffing, carrots, haricot vert with Marcona almonds, cranberry and orange compote, and pan gravy for $35. Three different soups to-go as well as other side dishes and desserts like apple tarts will be avilable.
Orders taken through Nov. 24.
For more information, call 913-362-0803.