Is your ew Year’s resolution to gain the confidence to wear an outfit like this in public?
OK, maybe not. But you can always resolve to write a funny fake caption. Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “1/23 caption contest” in the subject line, and include your name, city and phone number.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. Friday.
The winning caption scores a $25 gift card. The winner and runners-up will appear in FYI next Friday.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
Lots of hairy (and a few hoary) puns. But the winner was …
▪ Mustache Sally, think you better slow your mustache down … (Terry Benson, Overland Park)
▪ “Oh, geez, it’s 5 o’clock already.” (Stephen Kalnasi, Overland Park)
▪ “My sex change operation is NOT WORKING!” (Carol Parten, Lenexa)
▪ “OMG, I’ve turned into my father!” (Sheila Heichelbech, Peculiar, Mo.)
▪ Lisa always wondered what she would look like wearing a “Fu Womanchu.” (Jack Masters, Belton; others similar)
▪ Shirley was quite pleased with the results after downloading the GoateeMe app. (Luke Schnoebelen, Overland Park)
▪ “Maybe now they’ll give me equal pay for equal work.” (Maril Crabtree, Mission)
▪ I’m starting with the man in the mirror. (Ron Cox, Grandview)
▪ Charlie and his twin sister Charla take a selfie. (Betty J. Ludwig, Leavenworth)
▪ Kim decides to try Proactiv for Men. (Tony Bradley, Parkville)
| Tim Engle, The Star