Technically, this qualifies as a warm and fuzzy picture, although you might not want this guy* keeping your feet warm at night.
Assuming you’re not too freaked out, email your funniest caption to email@example.com. Put “12/5 caption contest” in the subject line, and include your name, city and phone number.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 tonight.
The winning caption scores a $25 gift card. The winner and runners-up will appear here next Friday.
(* It’s not a rat, although as always we urge you not to let facts get in the way of a good caption.)
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
Entries ran the gamut from cleaning up the muck from recent elections to, yes, someone’s bad cocaine habit. But the winner was …
▪ To say things had gotten frosty in the bedroom for Jack and Susan would be a bit of an understatement! (Allen Povenmire, Kansas City, Kan.)
▪ “Whew! That takes care of the living room. Now for the sidewalk and driveway.” (Patricia Stone, Liberty)
▪ Shovel off to Buffalo. (Penny Levin, Overland Park, and others)
▪ “That $#@%&! snow plow came by again!” (Candace Fasone, Kansas City)
▪ “Hurry! Find the off switch for the snowcone maker!” (Alexa and Doug Breyfogle, Leawood)
▪ Big snow keep on rollin’, proud Mary (and her husband, Bob) keep on shovelin’ … (Don Anderson, Kansas City)
▪ “Dammit, Janet! You could have left the kids outside, you could have left the cat outside, but NO, you had to leave the beer outside.” (Gary Hatfield, Independence)
▪ “Hey, kids! How much more snow do you need for that Arrowhead Stadium ice sculpture?” (Tom Tingle, Shawnee)
▪ “Don’t worry, Mom, we’re down to the third story. We’ll be out in no time.” (Richard Semkin, Clinton, Mo.)
▪ “Wasn’t the sliding glass door taller yesterday? Oh, wait … we’re on the second floor!” (Kathy Mainville, Lenexa)
▪ “Keep shoveling, honey. I’ve got to see who won the caption contest.” (Bruce Brower, Overland Park)
▪ Pete and Gladys were supremely confident that they would win this year’s “City’s Tallest Snowman” contest. (Jim Banister, Kansas City, Kan.)
| Tim Engle, The Star