We’re telling you now: Don’t go with “stairway to heaven,” because that’s an obvious one.
What would your creative caption for this picture be? Think funny, then email your entry to email@example.com. Put “5/29 caption contest” in the subject line, and include your name, city and phone number.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. Friday.
The winning caption scores a $25 gift card. The winner and runners-up will appear in FYI next Friday.
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
Plenty of Kardashian and Prince captions, as you might imagine. But the winner was …
▪ When the new technician at the Tulsa municipal water department accidentally added testosterone to the drinking water instead of fluoride, he had hoped there would be no repercussions. (Pat Markwell, Roeland Park)
▪ The Kardashian girls really need to keep their waxing appointments. (Sheli Irwin, Kansas City; others similar)
▪ Katy Perry’s inspiration for her song “I Kissed a Girl”: Russell Brand’s twin sisters. (Tom Curry, Leawood)
▪ “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the hairiest of them all?” (John Stevens, Lee’s Summit)
▪ “She’s my beard.” (George Baggett, Kansas City)
▪ See, Bruce, we can change gender, too! Love, Kim and Khloe. (Kevin Wackerman, Blue Springs)
▪ Keeping up with the Kardashian brothers. (Chris Hoyt, Leawood)
▪ “Some days I’m into straight. Other days I’m totally into curly.” (Maureen Dwyer, Kansas City)
▪ It was now becoming apparent that in the late ’80s Prince made way too many donations to a Minneapolis sperm clinic. (David Vanderwell, Olathe)
▪ “That’s Captain Jackette Sparrow to you!” (Becker Griffin, Stilwell, Kan.)
▪ Sorry, Katy Perry. Russell found two girls more to his liking. (Terry Nichols, Marshall, Mo.)
▪ The entire line of Five O’Clock Eye Shadow was recalled when an unfortunate side effect was discovered. (Bruce Brower, Overland Park)
▪ What Prince and Kim Kardashian’s kids would look like. (Steven Daniels, Belton)
▪ Only his hairdresser knows for sure. (Jeanne Marx, Kansas City)
▪ Cher and Prince’s love child twins exposed! (Gordy Weigel, Camden Point, Mo.)
▪ “I should have waxed my face before they waxed me.” (Ralph Olson, Buckner, Mo.)
▪ Our all-star first baseman’s stage persona, “Erica Hosmer,” finally fulfills a lifelong dream of singing the national anthem at a ballgame. (Ken Jones, Independence)
▪ The Kardashian girls showed their support of Bruce Jenner by taking testosterone supplements. (Bob Cook, Overland Park)
▪ A full head of hair is not the only thing the Kardashians are keeping up with. (Joyce Tuck, Excelsior Springs)
| Tim Engle, The Star