Bran Stark will be back next season, ‘Game of Thrones’ actor confirms
Well, “Game of Thrones” fans, Jon Snow is still dead — maybe. But some good news has surfaced for House Stark: Bran is back.
Actor Isaac Hempstead Wright confirmed that he’s returning as Bran Stark for season six after sitting out season five, Entertainment Weekly reported.
“I can’t say a lot, but I am back this season, and it’s going to get particularly interesting with Bran,” Wright told the Irish Examiner. “He has some interesting visions.”
He said he doesn’t know whether co-star Kit Harington (Jon Snow) will return after his apparent death scene. “I don’t know [if he will come back]. He’s said he’s not,” Wright said.
Stars Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and others skirted that pointed question last week during a panel at Comic-Con in San Diego. Jon was stabbed to death in the season five finale. Fans speculate that somehow he’ll be back.
“We couldn’t wait for him to be gone, actually,” Williams joked when asked about Jon’s death. “That hair. So annoying.”
Secrecy reigned at the panel, which served more as a retrospective of previous seasons. Host Seth Myers said that it would be difficult for the cast to talk at all about the upcoming season.
Many were absent from the large ensemble cast in San Diego including Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen, Lena Heady (Cersei Lannister), and Nicolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister).
Also not present: showrunners David Benioff, D.B. Weiss and “Game of Thrones” author George R. R. Martin.
The Associated Press and the Los Angeles Times contributed to this report.
This story was originally published July 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM with the headline "Bran Stark will be back next season, ‘Game of Thrones’ actor confirms."