▪ WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 tonight at BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI (Ch. 38); KCTE (99.3 FM), KDTD (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (4-4-2, 14 points): The club will take a five-game winless streak on the road trip to Houston, but it played one of its best games of the year in a draw with the LA Galaxy last Sunday. Sporting KC has scored one goal or fewer in five straight matches, and striker Dom Dwyer is scoreless over his last four appearances. On the injury front, Chance Myers (thigh) is ready for a return, and defensive midfielder Soni Mustivar (hamstring) is available after a six-game absence.
▪ ABOUT HOUSTON (1-5-2, 5 points): The Dynamo has lost five of six, a streak plagued by defensive woes. Houston is last in MLS with 2.0 goals allowed per game and has fallen to the bottom of the Western Conference standings. The offense started hot, with 11 goals in the first three matches, but it has cooled with only three tallies over the last five games.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: The road team has fared well in the rivalry, losing only once over the last nine MLS regular season meetings.
▪ PREDICTION: Sporting KC 2, Houston 1